Question regarding raw footage... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #31
Trustee

And well reasoned - Like most people here I regard my job as making programmes that people want to look at often, not just make the raw material. The problem comes when the occasional client asks for the raw material.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #32
Major Player

We use to give the tapes to the B&G for free... now we charge them a $150 fee which we actually use half to buy the B&g an external hard drive. Since we have the actual raw files for editing anyway, it is simply transferring them to the external hard drive and giving that to the client. It is in HD and would probably never see the light of an editing program again :)
problem solved !
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Kren,

I REALLY like that idea. I can't stand transferring them to DVD, because, like you mentioned, in most cases, even if they are paid for... they never do anything with it!

We normally sell the tapes as is for a smaller fee, but charge a whole heap more for the DVDs. While I don't like giving out the raw (unedited) footage because I honestly see no point, this solution works for all parties. Thanks for sharing!
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #34
Trustee

I'll second that - an ingenious solution.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren Barnes View Post
We use to give the tapes to the B&G for free... now we charge them a $150 fee which we actually use half to buy the B&g an external hard drive. Since we have the actual raw files for editing anyway, it is simply transferring them to the external hard drive and giving that to the client. It is in HD and would probably never see the light of an editing program again :)
problem solved !
This is freaking Great!!! Wow!! Thanks Kren
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #36
Major Player

no problem guys! now if we can just get them to figure out how to attach the USB cable to their PC!

Kren

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques