Website templates? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Website templates?

I've been scouring the web for 2 days (my head is hurting!) looking for a free html template I could use for my new site. Currently I'm using a flash site and want to make the change. My budget would be $200 for a design template. I've been to bludomain.com, which is pretty close to what I'm looking for - especially the lucy template. Does anyone else have any recommendations in that price range?
Michael Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Trustee

templatemonster.com has more templates than anywhere else I've seen.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Major Player

We have a bludomain site, and if your budget is $200 I would recommend it highly. Having read horror stories about site dropping pages and pages back on google search, I kept our original site and just used it as a splash page, from which you can click to our blu site at a separate address.

Sometimes the bludomain interface won't do all it is supposed to. On our site (Luke template), the video thumbnails refuse to show the titles and captions we have entered. But customer support is pretty decent and they can tweak certain aspects of the design/coding for you.

There's no substitute for a great site designed uniquely for your company and clients, but that will cost a lot more of course.
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #4
AVPA

Michael, one of the greatest investments we've made is in or website.
We initially started with a flash templete from template monster and had it customised. Since then, our developers with the genious of another designer associated with AVPA, has totally revamped our site.

Matthew E said to me once that a revamp would make a huge difference and it has. So, if you are able to invest in a well designed page that reflects your style, it will be a great investment.
Just some thoughts to consider :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques