DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Prices (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/469623-prices.html)

Bart Wierzbicki December 18th, 2009 05:10 AM

Prices

I'm amazed when I see the prices that companies are asking for weddingvideos in the USA. from about 8,000 to 10,000 Us$ Damn :D
Is that the normal fee for a wedding video overthere ?
Here in Belgium, the people are going crazy when you ask about 3000 $ for a wedding video.
The normal fee here is about 1500 $
And you can find people who are offering their services for about 700 us$ :(

I do think that the wedding business is way more bigger in the USA then here in Belgium and that people are spending a lot more for their weddings, but i'm just blown away by those high amounts. :D

Don Bloom December 18th, 2009 06:58 AM

Bart,
Not sure where you got your numbers but I think we here in the USA all WISHED the average was 8 to 10,000.

I really don't know what the average is around the country but I do know what it is in my area (Chicagoland-midwest) and it ain't even close to those numbers.

Remember though, every area of the country and the world is different. Markets are different, economies are different, compitition is different, therefore pricing is different.

Bart Wierzbicki December 18th, 2009 07:23 AM

Ah, I checked some websites of companies that offered their prices and
noticed the high amounts so I was just wondering if it was the standard. ;)

Dimitris Mantalias December 18th, 2009 08:05 AM

If you checked out some of the best, it's normal that you noticed such prices. And I think that in the US and Canada, you can find even higher fees.

In Greece, things vary depending on the area. In Athens, where millions of people try to make a living in a polluted and already overcrowded urban area, you can buy wedding video for as low as 200 Euros, which of course is generally of abysmal quality. In my hometown, one of the poorest areas in Greece, I know that the prices vary from 1300 to 1900 Euros (video and photo, in Greece there is no videography, just photography accompanied with video coverage. Videographers are very-very few), In a much richer town nearby, the prices are lower due to competition! There is no normal psychological profile for Greek weddings. But for the average greek salary and the final product that is offered, the above prices are ultra-high.

Chris Davis December 18th, 2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Wierzbicki (Post 1461718)
The normal fee here is about 1500 $
And you can find people who are offering their services for about 700 us$ :(

Belgium sounds a lot like the part of the USA I live (upper midwest.) Those prices are pretty much what are standard here. (BTW, Frameries is our sister city!)

Tom Hardwick December 18th, 2009 12:00 PM

And there's no recommended retail price on a wedding film. Like everything else for sale it's worth exactly what you can get for it, and not a penny more.