Prices at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Prices

I'm amazed when I see the prices that companies are asking for weddingvideos in the USA. from about 8,000 to 10,000 Us$ Damn :D
Is that the normal fee for a wedding video overthere ?
Here in Belgium, the people are going crazy when you ask about 3000 $ for a wedding video.
The normal fee here is about 1500 $
And you can find people who are offering their services for about 700 us$ :(

I do think that the wedding business is way more bigger in the USA then here in Belgium and that people are spending a lot more for their weddings, but i'm just blown away by those high amounts. :D
Bart Wierzbicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Bart,
Not sure where you got your numbers but I think we here in the USA all WISHED the average was 8 to 10,000.

I really don't know what the average is around the country but I do know what it is in my area (Chicagoland-midwest) and it ain't even close to those numbers.

Remember though, every area of the country and the world is different. Markets are different, economies are different, compitition is different, therefore pricing is different.
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Ah, I checked some websites of companies that offered their prices and
noticed the high amounts so I was just wondering if it was the standard. ;)
Bart Wierzbicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #4
Major Player

If you checked out some of the best, it's normal that you noticed such prices. And I think that in the US and Canada, you can find even higher fees.

In Greece, things vary depending on the area. In Athens, where millions of people try to make a living in a polluted and already overcrowded urban area, you can buy wedding video for as low as 200 Euros, which of course is generally of abysmal quality. In my hometown, one of the poorest areas in Greece, I know that the prices vary from 1300 to 1900 Euros (video and photo, in Greece there is no videography, just photography accompanied with video coverage. Videographers are very-very few), In a much richer town nearby, the prices are lower due to competition! There is no normal psychological profile for Greek weddings. But for the average greek salary and the final product that is offered, the above prices are ultra-high.
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Wierzbicki View Post
The normal fee here is about 1500 $
And you can find people who are offering their services for about 700 us$ :(
Belgium sounds a lot like the part of the USA I live (upper midwest.) Those prices are pretty much what are standard here. (BTW, Frameries is our sister city!)
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Inner Circle

And there's no recommended retail price on a wedding film. Like everything else for sale it's worth exactly what you can get for it, and not a penny more.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques