DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   BluRay Cover Template Free Download (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/471391-bluray-cover-template-free-download.html)

Taky Cheung January 21st, 2010 12:33 AM

BluRay Cover Template Free Download

I created a Photoshop template file for BluRay case insert. You can download it free here

BluRay Case Insert Template for Download | L.A. Color Blog

Kees van Duijvenbode January 21st, 2010 06:07 AM

Can you also export that to a .png please (for those like me who don't use Photoshop)?

Erik Andersen January 21st, 2010 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Taky! Here's the template we use for standard DVDs, in case anyone needs it.

Taky Cheung January 21st, 2010 12:08 PM

Yes, I just updated the zip file with PNG format as well.

Taky Cheung January 21st, 2010 12:12 PM

Erik, thanks for sharing too. I also have the DVD insert and label template to download in my blog DVD cover design and DVD label printing | L.A. Color Blog

The difference for mine is, I have it align to the top left edge of the paper. So I print with borderless feature with my printer, then just need to trim the bottom and right edge. Don't have to trim 4 sides.

Erik Andersen January 21st, 2010 04:39 PM

What printer do you use? I have a Canon IP 4500 and can't reliably control where on the page it will print. I'd much prefer your approach, with only cutting two edges!

Taky Cheung January 21st, 2010 04:49 PM

I am using Epson Artisan 50 printer. It runs about $80 on ebay. I also use continous ink system so ink no longer expensive.

With the borderless printing feature, I only need to trim two sides. Works very well for me =)

Nicholas de Kock May 26th, 2010 05:11 AM

Thanks a million!

Kees van Duijvenbode May 27th, 2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1475441)
... I also use continous ink system so ink no longer expensive...

Taky, what do you mean by "continious ink system"? No more changing of cartridges?

Taky Cheung May 28th, 2010 02:59 PM

Yeah, I'm using those CISS.. it has external tank holding ink. then tubs flow into the special cartridge so ink runs continously. Now I don't have to buy expensive ink cartridges. Buy ink in bulk bottle... and printing cost is low.

If you google "ciss" or "cis" and you shall see. I tried 3 vendors before I found the one that works really well for me. However, some other forum members have customer service issue with the same vendor. If you are interested, you can email me at info@lacolorshop.com and I can give you the URL.

You can also find those in ebay easily.

Kelly Langerak May 28th, 2010 10:30 PM

I just got the Artisan 50 with a Continuous Ink System from Amazon (the one for $59.99). l love it. The CISS is about the size of about 50 ink cart. It's totally worth the money. You just have to make sure to print about once a week. This keeps the CISS from drying up.

And it prints fu**ing fast.