DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Packages (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/471753-wedding-packages.html)

Silas Barker January 27th, 2010 02:48 AM

Wedding Packages

I have a few wedding packages and just gave them the latest tweaks and I wondered what you all thought of them?

All packages include
3 cameras at Ceremony,
2 at Reception (sometimes just 1 at Ceremony, like for the cake cutting, etc).
Wireless Audio for Ceremony (Groom mic)
Glidecam shots during reception and photoshooting.
On camera lighting if needed
Fisheye Lens shots (just got this!)
Cinematic Trailer Video
Full length 20-60 minute edited video with special effects, slow motion, etc
1 DVD (more available for extra - $25 each)

I have a 4 hour, 7 hour, 10 hour, and 15 hour packages.
What would you say the pricing should be with these packages?
I am located in California, USA.

Check out 2 samples:
Silas's Videography | View Video | 916-949-9040
Silas's Videography | View Video | 916-949-9040

Check out the other stuff I have on my site as well at
Wedding & Corporate Video, Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Rocklin

And, become a Facebook Fan of Silas's Videography by clicking here
Silas's Videography | Facebook

Looking forward to your comments!

Cody Dulock January 27th, 2010 09:15 AM

Think about all of the time and money you invest in this... then think about all of the different hats you wear as a producer of videos. Do you shoot, edit, author dvd/BD discs, design the cases art work, etc...? How much do you think hollywood guys get paid to do each one of those things? If you haven't figured it out, you're worth a lot. If you haven't already done it, check out the blog at IN[FOCUS] lots of great info there... plus at infocusvideoevent.NET they will have all the presentations up for people to watch (totally worth it).

Dave Blackhurst January 27th, 2010 03:48 PM

Offhand, I'd guess you're about $500 too low across the board, unless you're just starting out (meaning raise rates after a couple jobs) or in a slow/highly competitive market.

Silas Barker January 27th, 2010 03:52 PM

I ve been shooting for about 5 years, but yeah I think the California area is a little slow and competitve maybe. And I have not upped my prices since I started very much - oops - so your probably right.

Part of is that I am 23 - which clients don't realize until they meet me - then they ask if its actually my work on my website (which it is 100%) and so I think people think they can haggle you or your not experience if your young like me.

I just got an email from a bride asking if they could pay $100 less after we already signed a contract!
I told her no in a really nice way. I hate that though. She said fair enough - but still you gotta hate it.

Wedding & Corporate Video, Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Rocklin