Video Display for Showing Potential Clients - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:52 PM   #16
Major Player

I did some tests on my 8" digital photo frame that plays video files.

It plays divx files, I transcoded a HD m2t clip (edited highlight clip) to divx using the divx converter software (only about £15) and out it on the HD in the frame (its got 2gig internal storage)

The Divx file is only about 50Mb (4mins long), but it looks great, sure, its only SD, but its an 8" screen

The quality is AMAZING!

Here's the link, not sure if its available outside the UK

Jessops Digital LCD 8" Hi-Resolution 2GB Frame - Jessops

Something like that would be ideal for a 1ft cube retail space, I'm thinking about getting a few more and seeing if I can set them up in hotel lobbys (if photographers can leave albums, why not this for us?)

The sound is pretty good too (its not great, but its better than what I thought it would be)

The fact that its got internal memory, you dont need to worry about any cheeky passer bys nicking your usb/mem card.

This thing has been sitting in my flat since xmas, and I've only now just discovered this!

Good times!

James
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:01 PM   #17
Major Player

Meant to say as well, i tried all types of formats (HD & SD) on it, it only seemd to play divx, and some ipod
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #18
Major Player

I took a picture of my digital photo frame

http://i45.tinypic.com/33wmibq.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/24gkt35.jpg

Is a old model, it will play avi and mov, 480X270
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks James for the link. I will have a look. I have been researching digital photo frames but like Bill I haven't had much luck. It would be ideal if I could find one that accepted .mov 1280 x 720 HD files but this will be my backup plan if I can't find that. My next plan is to go to Best Buy with my flash drive and test out a few. I will report back on Monday.
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #20
Major Player

Ok....so I looked at the photo frame option like the HP DreamScreen suggested and other options like using smaller specialized LCD's. At the end of my research I have decided that for a couple of more hundred bucks I am gonna go with a 32" Samsung LCD and a WD Live with a 7 day TV timer. I know this is a lot bigger than the 1 foot cube I originally described but I got permission to "GO BIG" so I did. Thanks again for all of your recommendations.
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #21
Major Player

Wow, nice that they are letting you go "outside of the box". Can I get that deal too?? ;)
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques