DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   The easiest way to build a Wedding Video webpage! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/473273-easiest-way-build-wedding-video-webpage.html)

Petrus du Toit February 20th, 2010 04:19 PM

The easiest way to build a Wedding Video webpage!

I recently came across a free webpage template. It makes use of HTML, CSS and some Java Script...your comments on our customization are welcomed.

Cinema d'Art

Petrus

Howard Neill February 20th, 2010 07:07 PM

Hi Petrus

I find the writing hard to read against the black background. Maybe that just my, ageing, eyes?

Cheers

Steven Davis February 20th, 2010 07:21 PM

I liked the demo stuff, although I ignored the text with it on the page. I like the flash, but I'm not sure how your site would play out on phones and such. I agree, your text might want to be a little brighter.

Mike Brice February 20th, 2010 10:58 PM

Care to share where you obtained the free template?

I thought it looked nice, but like the others, white on black can be difficult to read.

Petrus du Toit February 20th, 2010 11:03 PM

Hi Mike, I got it from Download Zbra - Single Page Website , a Capetown based design company (Max Guedy)

Mike Brice February 21st, 2010 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info!

Kelly Langerak February 21st, 2010 12:12 PM

templates

For those of you who are frustrated with lousy templates or don't know how to use HTML, which was myself, I discovered Create a Free Website , Free Flash Website Builder at Wix.com. It pretty much removed everything from the template and added my own backgrounds, photos, text and video. It's soooo easy to use. It's free too!

Before my website I had 1 wedding gig for 2010. After my website went up I now have 22 weddings for 2010. You need a site.

Petrus du Toit February 25th, 2010 02:11 PM

Hi Kelly,

can you post a link of your site ?

Paul Hudson February 25th, 2010 07:02 PM

Look at Rapid Weaver. There are a ton of third party templets available.

Paul Hudson
LizardlandVideo.com
Phoenix Video Production

Vishal Gupta March 1st, 2010 01:36 PM

Kelly, I am just starting my business and looked for a while to find a host to build my website on, and I came across Wix as well. I think its flash capabilities are great, and their prices are very reasonable (especially for what is offered for their premium services). In my opinion, the flash capability adds a nice touch to a site.

Petrus du Toit March 4th, 2010 02:49 PM

Hi Vishal, Care to share your website with us?

Vishal Gupta March 11th, 2010 12:46 PM

Petrus, once I have it up and running, I will definitely do so :-)

Petrus du Toit March 12th, 2010 06:32 PM

Thanks Vishal I'll be on the lookout!

Petrus du Toit April 5th, 2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Langerak (Post 1488974)
For those of you who are frustrated with lousy templates or don't know how to use HTML, which was myself, I discovered Create a Free Website , Free Flash Website Builder at Wix.com. It pretty much removed everything from the template and added my own backgrounds, photos, text and video. It's soooo easy to use. It's free too!

Before my website I had 1 wedding gig for 2010. After my website went up I now have 22 weddings for 2010. You need a site.

Hi Kelly,

Any chance yet in posting a link of your video website done with the free Flash website builder?