DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Congratulations to our fellow DVIers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/473431-congratulations-our-fellow-dviers.html)

Sarah Pendergraft February 23rd, 2010 10:50 AM

Yes, congrats to everyone who makes the list!!! And a special shout out to fellow Tulsans Mark & Trisha. Way to go everyone!

Noel Lising February 23rd, 2010 10:51 AM

Congratulations to our fellow DVIers

The partial list of EventDVs Top 25 Most Influential Videographers has been announced. Congratulations to our fellow forum members who made the list.

Travis Cossel
John Moon
Mark Von Lanken
Ray Roman
Still Motion
Kevin of Pacific Pictures

The final list will be announced tomorrow. My prediction

Oleg Kalakyan
Jason Magbanua
Mayad Studios
Noel Lising ( I wish hahahaha)

Here is the link

EventDV.net: The Event Videographer's Resource

Travis Cossel February 23rd, 2010 11:53 AM

Thank you, and congrats to all of the other filmakers who were selected. It's very humbling and a great honor to have been included on a list with such amazing talents.

Aaron Mayberry February 23rd, 2010 12:08 PM

Awesome job guys. I really enjoy everyone's work who is on the this list :)

Matthew Craggs February 23rd, 2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 1489827)
Oleg Kalakyan
Jason Magbanua
Mayad Studios
Noel Lising ( I wish hahahaha)

I'd say those are good choices. I would add Elysium, Bliss, Ron Dawson, Bruce Patterson, Chris P Jones and Joshua Smith as sure things, which still leaves a few spots open.

Congrats to everyone who made the list.

John De Rienzo February 24th, 2010 09:37 AM

Great list so far, congratulations to you all. Well deserved.

Would be nice to see some brits making this list again....we are not all that bad you know! :)

Cheers.

Stephen J. Williams February 24th, 2010 01:58 PM

Congrats guys and thanks for setting the bar high for the rest of us :-)

Steve

Dimitris Mantalias February 24th, 2010 02:14 PM

Bravo to all the guys!

Michael Simons February 24th, 2010 04:50 PM

Does how much a bride spends on her video contribute to which videographers win these awards? I'm certain that if a bride had $50 Million dollars, Steven Speilberg would win all these awards. The average price for a video in my area is probably $2,000. Are any of the winners producing videos in that price range?

Travis Cossel February 24th, 2010 05:06 PM

How much brides spend has no bearing on the EventDV 25 list. The list is entirely comprised of peer voting.

That said, I know Kevin Shahinian is producing some concept videos that are $20k and up, but most of us are in the $3k-6k average. For the record, Steven Speilberg couldn't hack filming weddings .. yeah .. I said it. d;-)

Susanto Widjaja February 24th, 2010 06:39 PM

CONGRATS GUYS!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Travis: gotta love your new signature down the bottom lol ;p

Santo

Travis Cossel February 24th, 2010 09:07 PM

I figured I better get some good mileage out of it, lol!

Louis Maddalena February 24th, 2010 09:22 PM

Of course, probably would look good at the bottom of your website and in your bio as well.

Jim Snow February 24th, 2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1489856)
Thank you, and congrats to all of the other filmakers who were selected. It's very humbling and a great honor to have been included on a list with such amazing talents.

Congratulations Travis, your inclusion on the list was well deserved. The time and effort you spend with your helpful input on DvInfo makes you uniquely stand out on the list. Many of us appreciate it.

Travis Cossel February 24th, 2010 11:30 PM

Louis - already there .. well except for the bio I guess. d;-)

Jim - thanks so much for saying that. I'm active in a number of forums and I always try hard to be a very active contributor, but DVinfo was where I got my start so I guess it just holds a special place for me. Again, thanks for saying that and please know it's always been my pleasure to help out around here.