Contract at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 1st, 2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Contract

Is there anywhere I can find a good template for putting one together? (for weddings)

or do I have to start from scratch..

Thanks

David Grinnell
David Grinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi David

A lot of videographers have their contract online for clients to see. If you visit a few wedding sites you should be able to pickup a few different ones and make up your own from them.
Mine is essentially one page with all the B&G's details including venue details, start times and price breakdown so there is no mis-understanding, my second page is just terms and conditions and somewhere for both to sign.
You are more than welcome to look at my terms and conditions if you feel it might help you at the link below

http://www.weddingvideoswa.com/weddingkit.pdf

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Chris,

Thanks for the advice, I will look around an see what I can find. :)

Thanks

David
David Grinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Trustee

David, may I suggest one further point, have the contract you decide upon checked by a lawyer in your own jurisdiction. We all work in different states and countries and whilst the general principles remain the same the details may not. A few dollars spent now might save you a lot later.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:03 PM   #5
Major Player

I second Phillip's comments in a very big way.
Old March 4th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Chris, I just read your agreement/contract, very good idea (part where you are giving them 7 days to put down a payment, upon signing of contract). Mine is payment upon signing of contract and sometimes I have couples who wanted to sign but don't have the money at the moment. It is quite embarassing to ask for a post dated check (on their part & mine) and giving them 7 days is a good way not to put them on the spot.
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Howells View Post
David, may I suggest one further point, have the contract you decide upon checked by a lawyer in your own jurisdiction. We all work in different states and countries and whilst the general principles remain the same the details may not. A few dollars spent now might save you a lot later.

Noted... Thanks :)
David Grinnell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques