DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Native 24P 5D SDE-Also used for a few clips-7D and T2i (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/475357-native-24p-5d-sde-also-used-few-clips-7d-t2i.html)

Michael Gebben March 22nd, 2010 03:05 PM

Native 24P 5D SDE-Also used for a few clips-7D and T2i

It's couples who believe in what I do, let me do my thing and see it as an art form that really allow me and theirs edits to shine. Thanks so much Tanya & Bret for being to so cool. We got an awesome reaction to this SDE and caught it all on film :) More on that later.....Also for those of you out there who might not know what some of us wedding guys out there do, a piece like this is edited and shown the same day as the wedding at the reception. This particular one was shown right after dinner....Edit time for this was 5:15-8:00- showtime 8:30

For information regarding upcoming training DVDs and Workshops contact me at michael@gebbs.tv

This was shot almost entirely with the 5D in native 24P and the nikkor 50mm 1.4

Extras-
2 Man Crew
7D- Sigma 24-70 2.8
T2i- Canon 70-200 f4
5D- Canon 16-35 2.8

Glidecam 2000 handheld
Bogen Monopod
HP QuadCore Laptop
Cineform Neoscene

Matthew Craggs March 22nd, 2010 03:35 PM

Michael, I always enjoy your work. This is no exception. You have a real talent.

I couldn't help but notice your comment about the short editing time, which you say started at 5:15 and went to 8:00. I was hoping you could let us in on what all is done by 5:15. Are your clips already converted? Is the footage already organized and an editing plan in place? Or are you literally starting from scratch that late in the date?

I ask because when I take part in a SDE with a two man crew editing is done throughout the day. The only time both are shooting is the ceremony. By that time a rough draft is almost complete so the last couple of hours can be used for inserting first dance shots, colour correction, and general cleaning up of what is already there. I couldn't imagine sitting down that late in the day and starting.

Either way, awesome job, as per usual.

Bill Vincent March 25th, 2010 09:03 AM

Very nice work, Michael. Can you talk about your workflow? Did you shoot with the 5D specifically with the SDE in mind with others worrying about capturing the actual ceremony, etc? How did you choose what footage to transcode from the other cameras? How much time did you spend transcoding vs. editing? Thanks in advance - again, nice work!

Darrick Vanderwier March 25th, 2010 08:09 PM

WOW!
What more can I say.... Humbling....
I would very much like to know HOW did you do this?!

Art Varga March 25th, 2010 08:24 PM

very nice Michael. The 24p looks great.