DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Photographers v. Videographers - Bright Note (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/475418-photographers-v-videographers-bright-note.html)

Mike Hammond March 23rd, 2010 12:28 PM

Photographers v. Videographers - Bright Note

Hi everyone,

It seems like all of us get on here at one time or another to complain about some horrible experience with a photgrapher at a wedding or other event. Here's a twist - I just worked a wedding with a photographer who was courteous, professional, and an all-around nice guy.

He was seeking input from me on dress shots, ring shot set up, bride's shoes shot set up, was asking me if I got what I needed after he posed the couple and was ready to move them to another shot, etc.

Great guy. So there's not really any relevant info in my post (hope you'll forgive me) but I thought it would be nice to share my experience with this guy. Just some good news about a photographer.

Vito DeFilippo March 23rd, 2010 01:02 PM

That's a refreshing change from the usual bashing. As with your experience, the vast majority of photographers I have worked with have been friendly, professional and courteous.

Lukas Siewior March 23rd, 2010 07:29 PM

Mike, when I met a guy like this last year, I offered him cooperation and since then we teamed up - I like working with him, he likes working with me - we help each other and this way our day can go muuuch easier.

Travis Cossel March 23rd, 2010 08:25 PM

Post of the day. d;-)

It's good to share the positive stuff too. In our experience most photographers are good people who just need a little bit of education on what we do. Thanks for sharing Mike!

Kelly Langerak March 23rd, 2010 08:34 PM

I just had a great experience with a photographer as well. He took some photos of me for my website. I usually have great experiences. Just give them a quick two min chat before you start about the way you work and you'll be fine!

Taky Cheung March 24th, 2010 12:57 AM

I have several photographers that worked in the past that becomes friends. We refer business to each other too. At wedding day, we look out for each other. When I finished my DVD, I always send them a copy.

Don Bazley March 24th, 2010 08:08 PM

Well I guess I'll jump on this positive vibe train...

I know a photographer that I met a few years ago when I first started doing weddings (as a business). She was a real pleasure to work with. Since I first met her she has given me many referrals. Very nice.

Christopher Figueroa March 25th, 2010 05:32 PM

I find that the majority of photographers are courteous and easy-going. It's the ones that are ego-centric and control freaks that create drama filled stories. On multiple occasions, I've had some ballsy photographers try to "politely" shove me. I let it be know very quickly that that behavior will not be tolerated or there's going to be issues throughout the night.

But overall, most photographers are fun to work with.