Photographers v. Videographers - Bright Note at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Photographers v. Videographers - Bright Note

Hi everyone,

It seems like all of us get on here at one time or another to complain about some horrible experience with a photgrapher at a wedding or other event. Here's a twist - I just worked a wedding with a photographer who was courteous, professional, and an all-around nice guy.

He was seeking input from me on dress shots, ring shot set up, bride's shoes shot set up, was asking me if I got what I needed after he posed the couple and was ready to move them to another shot, etc.

Great guy. So there's not really any relevant info in my post (hope you'll forgive me) but I thought it would be nice to share my experience with this guy. Just some good news about a photographer.
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Trustee

That's a refreshing change from the usual bashing. As with your experience, the vast majority of photographers I have worked with have been friendly, professional and courteous.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Major Player

Mike, when I met a guy like this last year, I offered him cooperation and since then we teamed up - I like working with him, he likes working with me - we help each other and this way our day can go muuuch easier.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Post of the day. d;-)

It's good to share the positive stuff too. In our experience most photographers are good people who just need a little bit of education on what we do. Thanks for sharing Mike!
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Major Player

I just had a great experience with a photographer as well. He took some photos of me for my website. I usually have great experiences. Just give them a quick two min chat before you start about the way you work and you'll be fine!
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I have several photographers that worked in the past that becomes friends. We refer business to each other too. At wedding day, we look out for each other. When I finished my DVD, I always send them a copy.
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Well I guess I'll jump on this positive vibe train...

I know a photographer that I met a few years ago when I first started doing weddings (as a business). She was a real pleasure to work with. Since I first met her she has given me many referrals. Very nice.
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I find that the majority of photographers are courteous and easy-going. It's the ones that are ego-centric and control freaks that create drama filled stories. On multiple occasions, I've had some ballsy photographers try to "politely" shove me. I let it be know very quickly that that behavior will not be tolerated or there's going to be issues throughout the night.

But overall, most photographers are fun to work with.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques