DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   new logo concept (what are your thoughts?) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/477100-new-logo-concept-what-your-thoughts.html)

Darrick Vanderwier April 18th, 2010 07:15 PM

new logo concept (what are your thoughts?)

1 Attachment(s)
we have not settled on a color yet so open to suggestions...
want it to target brides mainly so feminine is key, but not over the top. also trying for a clean modern bride look rather than a cinderella dream sequence look.

you can see two current versions by going to our site. the old one is still on the home page and the somewhat current one is splashed on the bottom of all the recent photos in the slideshows etc....

comments criticisms???
what does your wife think about it?
:o)
hahaaa

Nate Haustein April 18th, 2010 07:20 PM

Awesome. Like it a lot. The green color looks really modern, and the logo isn't overly busy. You could even simplify the detail in the letters to solid green for certain applications if necessary. Only part that freaks me out a little is the way the bottom part of the "S" connects all the way back into itself. Kinda looks like a D sometimes. Maybe just a tiny little blank space?

Just ideas, great job.

Darrick Vanderwier April 18th, 2010 08:30 PM

hey Nate,
Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate the feedback.
I want to do this one right since I think this will be semi-permanent for a while at least...
having it done professionally so I want to get my monies worth on this. Whole new website to follow as well.
this is just the first step in a big change for us.

Hameed Aabid April 18th, 2010 09:15 PM

Simply beautiful and beautifully simple...

Alec Moreno April 18th, 2010 09:48 PM

It looks real good, but here's the problem I see...it's just a couple letters. It doesn't exactly incorporate an image. I think one of the best examples of what a logo should aim for is Serendipity Studios' butterfly made of two S's.

Serendipity Studios - Cinematography & Photography That is Beyond Ordinary

This is a much stronger logo to me because it's memorable. If I see the logo without any accompanying text, I can recall the name of the studio. From the logo you posted, I doubt seeing two letters would make me recall the name of your business. By the way, I think the coolest logo out there is the one used by "Furious Photographers."

Destination Wedding Photography Blog | Mexico Wedding Photographer International Wedding Photographers

I'm still stuck on creating a logo for myself, so I know it's a chore.

Alec Moreno
http://www.1Day1ShotProductions.com

Asvaldur Kristjansson April 19th, 2010 08:19 AM

I like the logo, it is clean and simple. I took a look at the website and it looks also good. The first or page is however different and needs to have the same look as the rest. I watched the Ray and Julia video and my guess the bride shot in the beginning is reversed but still ok. The color was a little reddish compare to the banner image on top.

Stephen J. Williams April 19th, 2010 09:53 AM

Darrick... I like the logo. It's clean like others have mentioned and incorporates a modern color. I think it'll grab the attention of any Bride to be.

Since were talking/comparing logo's.... Jawad Mir from Film-style weddings has the best IMO.

Steve

Darrick Vanderwier April 19th, 2010 05:55 PM

Thanks guys. Love the feedback. It's important to me.
The site as it stands right now is terrible in my opinion but it is what we made do with.
I am really looking forward to the new site. any thoughts on a better color for the logo?
perhaps a wine purple?
This has been a suggestion by 2 separate women who have seen it..
I was not certain that green is "bridal" enough....
thanks for your time in giving me feedback.

Also I think Travis and Candace have a killer logo.
the double "s" butterfly is such a cool idea. It is a winner right away. "I wish I had thought of that!" was my reaction to my wife upon seeing serendipity studios logo.

then again everything Travis has going on is pretty sweet I would have to say.
:o)

Darrick Vanderwier April 22nd, 2010 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so here are a few more of the original concepts played out...
He started with the handwritten all black idea then played around from there...
which do you think if any are "winners" and which in your opinion is a "loser" that should be stayed away from?

thanks for all the looks and ideas!
Darrick

Darrick Vanderwier April 23rd, 2010 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
really 300 of you have had a peak at this and nobody has any thoughts????
Is it good? great? Terrible?
Forgettable?
memorable?
Please just hit reply and give me your 2 cents.... I would really be grateful for it. you can't hurt my feelings on this since I didn't create it.
I need to know what direction to progress on this or just keep it as is. thanks again in advance everybody!
you truly are appreciated for all the great advice all over this forum!
Darrick

Travis Cossel April 23rd, 2010 08:50 PM

Sorry I'm just now getting to this thread. I have quite a full plate at the moment.

Anyways, I prefer the original logo you posted. It has a very distinct look, so you won't be getting confused with any other studio. The distinct look will also help you with separating your overall branding from the rest of the pack.

The only thing I wasn't sure of when I first viewed it was the green color, but it grew on me really quickly so I would stick with it. The letter emblem by itself is difficult to read, so in the earlier stages of your branding you're going to want to make sure you keep the "Sweet Media" part underneath. But as your brand grows and becomes more well known you can branch out and use the letter emblem in some more creative ways to identify your brand. I could also see a great animation working together with that emblem to mark your videos in and intro or outro situation.

Anyways, I think you've got a winner. Just make sure you run the logo past a lot of female eyes ... females that are of marrying age mostly. d;-)

Darrick Vanderwier April 27th, 2010 06:58 PM

Travis,
Thanks again for your reply,
Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts. I have asked quite a few women now about this and find the answer generally depends on their ages... Some really like the two with the circles behind.. (More traditional "logo" concept. But I tend to feel this is how the logos of the past ten years have looked... kinda dated.
Most prefer the green one you also mentioned. I have a feeling we will go with something along the lines of the first green one I posted.
cheers!
Darrick