DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Highlights - Adventure Aquarium (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/477591-highlights-adventure-aquarium.html)

Corey Leigh April 25th, 2010 08:45 PM

Highlights - Adventure Aquarium

Hi all!

Well, this is my first highlights posting to the group, and I'm curious on your collective thoughts!

This is my most recent highlights clip from the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ...

I'd be very curious on your thoughts! Thanks!

Corey Leigh April 27th, 2010 03:32 PM

Oops, I made the same mistake as Stephen, wrong forum! Sorry, please feel free to move this to the "samples" sub-forum!

Stephen J. Williams April 28th, 2010 10:08 AM

Hey Corey...

This truley is one of the coolest venues in the phila area. I think for the most part you seemed to grab all the important shots of the day. As a viewer not knowing the B&G I thought that this video might have been a tad to long. For the couple it's probably perfect. But if you were thinking of using this for your site I would suggest trimming it down a bit.
A couple of things in my opinion...

I think if you were to color correct and play with the brightness levels it would create a bit of a better flow throughout your piece.

There were also a few jump cuts during the family pictures.

to much handheld throughout most of the clip

The skyline shots were great,and love the shots from inside the aquarium. I thought the audio was solid as well.

This is still much better then my first video that I ever sumbited to this forum for review. This is the best classroom that you could ever ask for. I look forward to meeting with you in the future by the way.

Steve

Corey Leigh April 29th, 2010 06:19 PM

Hey Stephen,

Thank you for your critique...I was hoping you would respond!

I agree with everything you said....length was fairly dictated by music (I'm not one to cut the whole thing to one song, so instead I go for the slightly longer edit. More so a highlights overview of the day than a cinematic masterpiece type thing.

Color correction and transitions (ie not using fades/dissolves) are two of my current focuses, and my current weak points. I was focusing on audio for a long time, and I think I've finally got that under control.

Some of the handheld is actually handheld, some of it is getting used to (yeah, not enough practice first) my homebrew "steadycam" type device. I'm still adapting to when I should use that vs jumping to tripod, and actually having the time to...switch....

Anyways, thanks for commenting!

Mike Petrucco May 12th, 2010 11:18 PM

Hey Corey- great stuff. Would mind sharing what you used for music? I like those songs!

Corey Leigh May 13th, 2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Petrucco (Post 1526429)
Hey Corey- great stuff. Would mind sharing what you used for music? I like those songs!

Thanks! It's Digital Juice tracks...I forget offhand which ones. Very reasonably priced for royalty-free!