300 words to sell myself at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 12th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Major Player

300 words to sell myself

I decided to fork out some cash for a wedding supplement in our local press. For £400 i get a quarter page and 300 words

The advert is all done but i have no idea what to write for the 300 words. I have tried countless times to say

" we offer professional modern fresh and contemporary films" yada yada yada, but i feel like being totally honest and saying something like

" The question should not be cost but why have you not booked, at a recent wedding where the photographer was £3500 the couple much preferred my wedding film"

Has anyone got any words of wisdom that really do sell wedding films, not asking you to do my work , just some thoughts

regards

luke
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #2
New Boot

Ad copy is an art that I am not well versed in. My only advise would to point out the benefits of what you have to offer and the value of hiring a videographer.

Just my opinion but I'm not too keen on the line about the couple who paid 3500 for a photographer... it kinda sounded like a slam to the photo side of things. Perhaps you could rather just remind folks that in addition to photography, a video will also (and in a different way) capture those memories.
Christian Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Major Player

I think you should try to be more personal and tell a story (rather than selling a business). That way people can relate and experience what you are writting because it is real.

Just make sure your first two lines are catchy as that will draw the attention of the reader.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Might sound cheesy, but stick with something that reaches the emotions of brides, captured through your vision and skills. I was a bride myself last year and without talking about cost and numbers, which might scare someone away, describe the thought of capturing the special moments forever. And keep it simple, just my opinion. There are a lot of ads people skim through, yours should stick out with just a glimpse.

Good luck
Raji Ahmed is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques