Best Workflow For Pluraleyes in Final Cut Pro FCP Weddings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Best Workflow For Pluraleyes in Final Cut Pro FCP Weddings

I had to use PluralEyes for the first time and I found it is harder to use when doing weddings.

So I only use my H4N with my 7D for Ceremony and Speeches and maybe a live recording.

My question is, what is the best workflow to sync your footage.

How I edit: (note:)

I sort all my clips into different bins (Introduction, Ceremony, Pictures, Cocktail Hour) etc.

Then I drag all my "Intro" clips into the timeline and edit. Then begin with the ceremony. etc.

So how do you use PluralEyes effectively in your workflow?

Do you drag all the clips from the wedding into the timeline or do you drag only those that need to be synced first and then push those clips off to the side. How do you make it the least painless?
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #2
Major Player

My method :

1) Transcode all clips (i'm shooting with all 7D cameras).

2) Group all clips into sections/angles (CER / BRIDE or CER / WIDE and etc.).

3) Drop all the whole folder of each individual angle into it's individual track. The clips will automatically appear on the timeline without dropping each individually.

4) Drop the audio file.

5) Sync with plural eyes.

Works 90% of the time save for some weird sync issues now and then. The new beta I've been using has given me 100% results....but I've only used it for one particular project ;).

Cheers
Randy Panado is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques