wireless mics at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 18th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #1
Major Player

wireless mics

Hi All
I am looking at purchasing a new set of wireless mics. I have been looking at the Sennheiser EW112p-G2 but am unsure what the A,B,C, stock frequencies mean. Does anyone have experience with them or can you reccomend another set.

Thanks
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:03 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers
Hi All
I am looking at purchasing a new set of wireless mics. I have been looking at the Sennheiser EW112p-G2 but am unsure what the A,B,C, stock frequencies mean. Does anyone have experience with them or can you reccomend another set.

Thanks
That refers to the block of frequencies that the transmitter and receiver will operate on. The wireless UHF mics have to share the spectrum with TV stations and other services. It's important to pick a frequency block that's not in use by broadcasters in your area. Some services is slightly different frequencies can also cause intermodulation interference with the mics. Sennheiser has a frequency block chart for the USA on their website to help choosing but I haven't been able to find one for Canada. Try an email direct to Sennheiser can help or give Trew Audio in Toronto a call and perhaps they'll have some info to share.
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I would agree with Steve, Sennheisers site has great information. I ended up purchasing the C series G2 and so far have really liked what it can do. I would have been fine with a,b, or c however almost none were listed as used under the c range so thats why I bought it. He is the link to Sennheiser
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...COLORADOew.PDF

Its currently set for Colorado, but it should give you an idea of where to start looking.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques