LED Lighting Options? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Major Player

LED Lighting Options?

For reception lighting I am currently using a couple of these Lowell ID lights http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/578002-REG/Lowel__ID_Light_Lead_Acid.htmlAnd also have this Litepanels Micro Litepanels Award Winning LED Lighting for Video, Still Photo & Motion Picture Production

I really prefer the litepanels micro, but wish it had a little more power.

What LED options are available, I want to keep the gear as light as possible, yet have the power to go for a few hours. I do not hate the AA option with the litepanel, you can always stock up on rechargeable AA's

If I could get something with a little more power, and maybe a little bigger would be perfect, hoping someone on here has found something like that.
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

go to the "PHOTON MANAGEMENT" section of the board. you will find several threads regarding these lights. i think what you're looking for is the Microbeam LED 256.
-JS
Jason Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The Litepanel Micro Pro is 55W the LP Micro is 25W. More than 2X the power still runs off AA batteries.
I use the LP Micro but am considering the LP MIcro Pro. I like not having a heavy battery on the lite nor having to use a battery belt.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques