First Beach Wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

First Beach Wedding

Hey there-
I will be recording my first beach / destination wedding in 2-3 weeks. I was trying to come up with a shot list of sorts for cutaways and B-roll. I was wondering for those experienced beach videographers could add their input. Thanks.

Alden
Alden Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Alden

For cutaways other than the normal bridal shots just use your imagination and take a walk on the beach. However one thing I did a couple of weeks ago was write the couples name in the sand and then let a wave wash it away. It looks pretty good (and romantic for them) but it's not that easy to do!! You need quite a few tries to get the right wave to wash all your writing away.

If you are shooting the ceremony over the ocean keep two things in mind!! Make sure that your horizons are perfectly level in your shots..a sloping horizon behind the couple looks terrible. Secondly watch out for exposure!! An expanse of open sea and sky is very bright to the camera so go manual and expose for the couple especially on closeups. If you shoot on auto the camera will underexpose the couple when it sees bright sea and sky...I'm sure you know that already!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques