Award winning? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 23rd, 2005, 07:16 AM   #1
Trustee

Award winning?

It seems every other videographer website I visit says "award winning". What are these awards? How do you submit, and how much does it typically cost? Is there a list of organizations that present awards?

As long as we're talking awards, what awards have you won?
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 07:21 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

WEVA, wedding and events videographers association, is the biggest group I know of. They have all sorts of meetings and get togethers, where they share tecniques and look at other folks videos. Of course, once you get on their mailing list, you'll get an invite to EVERY function they have.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:01 AM   #3
New Boot

I've won a few of these Videographer Awards.
They have a ton of catorgies to enter into, I think it was $25 to $50 an entry and if you win another $250 to get the actual award or you just get a certificate.

http://www.videoawards.com
John Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I think that is correct. I was approched with an "award" opportunity which was basicly I pay $50.00 and this includes the shipping to send me my award! It was a kind of everyone gets somthing type thing. I passed.....
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:26 AM   #5
Inner Circle

ROFLMAO
u know its funny, here in aus there are "associations" which you pay to join, then u pay for "feedback" forms.. these forms are then submitted and tallied up and the one with most votes wins..
funny thing is, when questioned about this the associations admitted that fraud could not be stopped, so in effect, i could buy as many forms as i liked, and got my family friends, cousins and neighbours to fill these out...
and theres nothing stopping me from winning.. lol

i too declined..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques