calling for help on weva submission at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Major Player

calling for help on weva submission

Hi guys,

I need help from someone in the US to send in some dvds of my submissions to weva.

Here's the story. The dvds that I submitted was on the wrong format.

My videos are PAL and it needs to be on a NTSC DVD REGION 1.

So I wonder if there are any of you who can download my videos from my vimeo page and make NTSC DVD REGION 1 out of it. I didn't know how to do it so I just made a region free dvd which should work with modern dvd players. But the fact is they emailed me and giving me a chance to re-send by this thursday. Since I'm in australia, it would be almost impossible to do that as it is already tuesday here now.

So if there is anyone that can help, I would really really appreciate it.

I am willing to pay the professional fee and the shipping fee involved. There should be around 3-5 dvds to be sent. I'm not sure how many dvds at the moment since they haven't let me know for sure which ones.

Thanks in advance

Santo
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Susanto,

Shoot me an email with the clips you want and we will be happy to help you out. Mark@VonWeddingFilms.com
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Santo
Let me know if for some reason Mark cannot make it on time. I am located just 45 minutes away from their address.
Let me know guys
info@jjvideofilm.com
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Major Player

mark and jose

thank you thank you thank you!!!

we are on day two of exposed down under here in sydney with jason, michael, konrad and alvin and I can only say with the spirit of wedding film-makers, thank you!!!!

I think Jose will be a better person to do this since he lives very nearby weva. However if you (mark) have any advice on creating ntsc dvds region 1 from a pal source (25p) that would be very very much appreciated.

Will be in touch with jose via email

THANK YOU (again)

Santo
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Trustee

Susanto, I have a healthy disregard for all such organisations so you understand where I'm coming from. This specification is typical ill-informed BS. Region coding applies to commercial DVDs not weddings. Just send them an NTSC disk - though I'm surprised your NLE can't output this for you and equally that WEVA can't run to a PAL player. Anyway, I thought the only qualification for membership was a spare $250.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Philip, the issue that Susanto is having is nothing to do with his NLE not being able to output to NTSC, but rather that his submission has to be in DVD format. As he explained, he is in Australia and the WEVA address is in Florida and he has 2 days to submit this. His method is the most straightforward given the time frame.

I agree that it is odd as to why WEVA cannot play a PAL disc, but those are the submission specs.
Aaron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #7
Major Player

Hi Susanto. Too bad I didn't see this the first day you posted it, I'd offer some immediate help (but it seems other excellent members of the forum did the right thing), since we screwed it up exactly the same way! We sent a region free DVD with PAL video and later we're told that NTSC was required! Finally we re-sent them and made it in time!

I'd have to add though, that it is not exactly our fault. Nothing is mentioned anywhere about NTSC only submissions.

But for converting PAL to NTSC and vice-versa, I used my favorite converter, Mainconcept Reference. The quality is the best I've seen regarding PAL<--->NTSC conversions.
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #8
New Boot

How about saving yourself the time, headache and money for some award. Weva is a joke....
Ivan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #9
Major Player

Joke or not, collecting any awards, positions, mentions or other similar things may not make you better, but is very good move for impressing potential clients and other PR reasons. And that's not all that is to it.

Last edited by Dimitris Mantalias; July 15th, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Wrong expression
Dimitris Mantalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Major Player

Hi guys,

thanks for that. Jose had been a tremendous help and he is actually delivering the dvds himself to WEVA to make sure that its not late or anything. so THANK YOU SO MUCH Jose!! this is what fellow wedding film-makers are all about. to help each other and I'm very thankful for that.

Santo
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan George View Post
How about saving yourself the time, headache and money for some award. Weva is a joke....
WEVA is not a joke, they pioneer the wedding video industry long ago, they help me get where I am today and that is making a good living for my family, show us your work and see how good you are compared to any of the WEVA winners.
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #12
Tourist

Re: calling for help on weva submission

WEVA wants 2 files on a DVD. One of the files is a H.264 1280x720. That much is clear but what file format is the main entry ? Can anybody clarify this ?

Lets say my movie submission is called "A". Would this work...

A_1080.mov {1920x1080 ProRes File exported straight from FCP}
A_H264.mov {H.264 1280x720 }

In toast, burn both files onto a SD DVD. Any particular settings that WEVA wants ? Autoplay on insert ?
Steve Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
I am located just 45 minutes away from their address.
info@jjvideofilm.com
90 minutes of your time at $4.00 per gallon of gas is worth quite a bit these days...I'm sure Santo will appreciate it!

Speaking of WEVA, I went to a convention once, and attended their workshops, but later realized that all of the information I paid for was already online, just by using google.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cornell View Post
WEVA wants 2 files on a DVD. One of the files is a H.264 1280x720. That much is clear but what file format is the main entry ? Can anybody clarify this ?

Lets say my movie submission is called "A". Would this work...

A_1080.mov {1920x1080 ProRes File exported straight from FCP}
A_H264.mov {H.264 1280x720 }

In toast, burn both files onto a SD DVD. Any particular settings that WEVA wants ? Autoplay on insert ?

I too have the same question. And what also happens if the original video is already in 1280x720?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques