Who did Chelsea's wedding? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Who did Chelsea's wedding?

Did any of you guys tape the wedding of Chelsea and Marc last saturday? Just curious.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Industrial :: Weddings :: Life - Films By Francesco: Videographer
Ian Holb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

This just proves if you are in the right place at the right time, anyone can get a gig like that.
Tom Sessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sessions View Post
This just proves if you are in the right place at the right time, anyone can get a gig like that.
I guess it pays off to be in the right circles. Let's see how he blows up and becomes world renowned after this.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:09 AM   #5
Major Player

Terrible website
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:23 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sessions View Post
I know Frank and Michelle from shooting weddings in Palm Beach. Not only are the fabulous film makers but they offer excellent customer service. They've worked their butts off becoming great at what they do.

I've also done quite a bit of still shooting for the event planner. Knowing how he works, and the quality he demands, Frank and Michelle got the job because they are great at what they do not because they were in the right place.
Josh Laronge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Laronge View Post
I know Frank and Michelle from shooting weddings in Palm Beach. Not only are the fabulous film makers but they offer excellent customer service. They've worked their butts off becoming great at what they do.

I've also done quite a bit of still shooting for the event planner. Knowing how he works, and the quality he demands, Frank and Michelle got the job because they are great at what they do not because they were in the right place.
Josh I guess you're right. Sometimes we don't take time to reflect on all it takes to get a gig like that. I'm glad he was able to be the video person at such a prestigious event.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM   #8
Major Player

I thought it would be one of the DV top 25 folks like StillMotion or Von Wedding Films..
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:31 PM   #9
Trustee

Whilst we're on this subject, is there not a point of etiquette regarding the correct side for the bride's father to walk in the processional?

According to UK church wedding etiquette, Clinton was on the wrong side. Of course I recognise this was neither a church nor a UK wedding but the reason etiquette calls for the father to have his daughter on his right arm is that it places the father on the correct side to give away his daughter to be married.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM   #10
Major Player

Philip, when you are a Clinton you make your own rules :)
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees van Duijvenbode View Post
Terrible website
Agreed. Easily the most irritating Flash website that I have seen in a long time. Doubtless it is supposed to be 'arty'.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Howells View Post
Whilst we're on this subject, is there not a point of etiquette regarding the correct side for the bride's father to walk in the processional?

According to UK church wedding etiquette, Clinton was on the wrong side. Of course I recognise this was neither a church nor a UK wedding but the reason etiquette calls for the father to have his daughter on his right arm is that it places the father on the correct side to give away his daughter to be married.
Isn't it it easier if the bride is on the father's left arm, this way after he gives her away, he can shake the grooms hand because he'll be next to him. Otherwise, in order to shake the grooms hand, the father would have to lean over the bride.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #13
Trustee

Michael, as I wrote, I was referring to the UK practice and specifically the Protestant church ritual. That requires the father of the bride, standing on his daughter's left to pass the bride's right hand to the celebrant when asked "Who gives this woman to be married?". The celebrant then takes her hand and places it in the groom's right hand and the father retires to his seat. Although these days many fathers have taken to answering "I do", in the traditional form of service he didn't speak, just acted. I've not seen any formal handshaking in any ritual.

To be in the right position for that all to happen he either enters with his daughter on his right arm or has to dodge around behind her at the chancel step. Bearing in mind this is also the time and place at which her veil is being lifted by her chief bridesmaid being on the "wrong" side could cause something of a traffic jam.

When the bride and groom leave the church (the recessional) she is on her new husband's left arm, the traditional side in most circumstances which leaves his right arm free to draw his sword if attacked. Having said that sword attacks are on the decrease to the relief of most grooms!
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #14
New Boot

Phillip,

From the pictures I saw, it looked like it was a Jewish (maybe interfaith?) ceremony. Unlike Christian ceremonies, which have the bride standing on the left side at the altar, Jewish ceremonies have the bride on right.
Carla Raposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #15
Trustee

Carla, I'm culturally challenged, so thanks for pointing that out. Actually here the news media described it as a combination Jewish/Christian wedding because Marc is Jewish and Chelsea a practising Methodist so you could be absolutely on the money.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques