Save The Date video. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Save The Date video.

Please excuse my naiveté but what exactly is a Save The Date video?
I have seen it referred to in posts. I guess it's an American thing that doesn't translate here in UK.

Is it something that is a recognised/expected part of a US wedding DVD? or a completely separate job that is commissioned and paid for outside of the wedding day production?
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Major Player

A Save the Date video is a short film highlighting the upcoming wedding of the couple. I don't think that it is an North American thing given that it is also prevalent in Australia (Paper Cranes Studio) and the Philippines (Jason Magbanua). In our case, we offer it as part of the wedding package and include it in the couples final DVD...

Regards,

Kren
www.verticalvideoworks.ca
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM   #3
New Boot

Do the couples send the video with the invitations? As a DVD or a link to YouTube / Vimeo / producer's site?

--AOK--
Antti Kangas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Major Player

It's actually not that common in Australia either. I've seen a lot with SODE in New Zealand and WeddingClip in Indonesia.

From what I know, they would put in a DVD along with the traditional wedding invitation. Some of them have also created a website for their wedding where people can RSVP through and they would put the clip up there. They can also send electronic invitation with a vimeo link to it... its really the client's options

But yeah, the concept is to let people now of their wedding date.. hence, save the date.

I've got a Save the Date video to do next month and I can say its a whole different art I'm yet to explore..
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for that, it's a bit clearer now "Save the date - the date of the wedding". I've been doing weddings in UK for over 15 years but never heard of it until I visited this site. I didn't see anywhere on any of the samples I've looked at anything to say it was sent with the invitations.

Obviously there's more work involved in this - a day to shoot and edit, so how do you go about charging for it, as a separate day's production or build it into the wedding charge?

Is any of the UK forum members offering this?

Last edited by George Kilroy; August 4th, 2010 at 02:59 AM.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques