DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   a videographer-friendly wedding day events flow (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/483089-videographer-friendly-wedding-day-events-flow.html)

Johannes Soetandi August 8th, 2010 11:44 PM

a videographer-friendly wedding day events flow

Hi all,

Just wondering if you usually recommend the Client of your preferred wedding day events flow and what is your usual recommendation? And have you ever recommended the rings to be with bride instead of the groom? My reason to ask is:

1. Since I'm usually with the bride from morning, I would much prefer to have the ring with her instead so that I can do my ring shot. And then pass on the groom when we get to the ceremony place. Have you ever recommended this or is this a big no no?

2. I always want to have more than one people filming each other's preps. Since we're only a two people team, for this we must either get the groom or bride dress up at different times of the day OR get the groom do a mock up dress up in the morning. Is this a standard recommendation you make?

Other than that, please recommend me what would make a wedding day flow more 'videographer-friendly' in order to get the best out of that few hours time frame.

Thanks for the support. I know I've asked many questions in this forum but being a newbie in this industry I can't help but to ask for as many advice I can possibly get. :)

Cheers,

John

Susanto Widjaja August 8th, 2010 11:51 PM

1. Since I'm usually with the bride from morning, I would much prefer to have the ring with her instead so that I can do my ring shot. And then pass on the groom when we get to the ceremony place. Have you ever recommended this or is this a big no no?

Answer: big no no for me but probably not for some other people. it is the best man's job to hold onto the ring so let it be done. I sometimes get the ring shots during photo shoot or reception.

2. I always want to have more than one people filming each other's preps. Since we're only a two people team, for this we must either get the groom or bride dress up at different times of the day OR get the groom do a mock up dress up in the morning. Is this a standard recommendation you make?

Answer: We used to do this when we started out. Now we always split up. It makes things easier and you can maximise your shooting time i.e. instead of being 1 hour at the groom place and 2 hours at the bride making a total of 3 hours shooting time, you can shoot both b & g for 2 hours each making a total of 4 hours shooting time and wake up later in the morning :)

Santo

Kelly Langerak August 10th, 2010 03:01 PM

I've asked the Bride to bring all the rings and they always do.

I just explain to them why we need them.

Travis Cossel August 10th, 2010 07:20 PM

We sit down with the couple a week before the wedding and work out the wedding day schedule with them so that it works for them and for us. We also ask that the bride have the rings with her on the morning of so we can shoot with them. Never had any complaints once we explain why.