DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   My WEVA Seminar - Editing Can Be Sexy Too (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/483571-my-weva-seminar-editing-can-sexy-too.html)

Travis Cossel August 19th, 2010 03:52 PM

My WEVA Seminar - Editing Can Be Sexy Too

So I've just been way too swamped to create a 30sec video for my WEVA presentation (although I have a killer idea for one). Anyways, I just arranged with some partners for some pretty cool prizes to be available as giveaways at my seminar. Yes .. I am bribing you to attend and smile throughout and clap afterwards and say nice things to me in the hall later. I also have a fun idea in mind for how we will be giving away the prizes, so don't miss it. d;-)

As for the topic, I'm speaking on editing, and trying to cover as much as possible. I hate seminars lots of talk and no substance, so I'm going for the hands-on approach. I will be editing and demonstrating techniques while on stage. This won't be a seminar with lots of fluff and pretty clips playing all the time. I want to deliver information you can use to improve your editing technique and efficiency.

So stop by at 8am on Wednesday morning if you want to learn how editing can be sexy too .. or if you just want a shot at some seriously cool prizes. d;-)

David Seguin August 19th, 2010 04:41 PM

Where's that?

Travis Cossel August 19th, 2010 07:58 PM

It's next week. My seminar is Wednesday morning.

Wedding & Event Video Expo 2010

Andrew Waite August 19th, 2010 09:02 PM

Wish I could be there! Tied down with corporate work and again will miss another WEVA. I'm sure it will be great... good luck!

Travis Cossel August 19th, 2010 11:30 PM

Well, glad you're tied down with work and not just too poor to make the trip. d;-) I'll miss ya!

Randy Panado August 21st, 2010 05:03 AM

Remember to stick to our plan that we discussed while I was on Kauai, Trav! ;)

Andrew Waite August 22nd, 2010 10:45 AM

To illustrate that editing can be sexy you should just show up to the seminar with nothing more than your new 17" MBP and an American flag thong bikini bottom.... Then if you really wanted to get your point across at the end of the seminar you should walk to the edge of the stage hold your new MBP out... Then drop it and quickly walk off stage all cool like with a slight gangsta limp without saying anything! Make a statement! I bet you'd get a standing ovation!

Travis Cossel August 22nd, 2010 08:28 PM

Brilliant! Even better than my original idea to have Candice onstage in a bikini!

Jerrod Cordell August 25th, 2010 08:23 AM

Sorry I missed your seminar yesterday. I didn't realize the classes started that early. But if you get a chance today come by and visit the Barber Tech booth. I'm demoing the Steadiepod.