Pre-wedding website at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 387
Pre-wedding website

Okay. This is not exactly videography.. but one of my client is asking me to upload their Save The Date video onto a website where they can share the link as part of the invites.. but not something like Vimeo or Youtube, more of a personal style website where it looks nicer and they can share other things as well.

I've researched and found some free wedding website online but thought I'd get some recommendations too.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Trustee
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,212
Johannes, we've been offering Wedding DVD invites - free - for the past year - your client's request would be an extension of that, so in my view a great idea.

My guess is that the possible cost of streaming might persuade them to send one of our 40 free DVDs to each invitee.

The other problem might be that someone they didn't intend to invite receives the invite website address.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Midlands UK
Posts: 699
Do they have a facebook or similar account where they could embed it on a page and give friends access to it?
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 119
What if you were to post it to vimeo, make it private, and then embed it to a sub-page on your site? I am not sure how involved you are with your website creation, but I have done this a few times for clients. I just create a new page and hide it from my navigation, so basically the only one that could find the page is someone with a link to the page.

Only issue you may have is that they want it posted on a page that is themed different than your site.

Edit: I also like George's idea. Have them or you create a facebook page and add it to that.
__________________
MediaBrewer Films
Jeff Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: arlington, texas
Posts: 420
Showit sites has the ability to make +Sites in addition to your website... the +Site is like a personal webpage for the bride and groom just like you described. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but we will be running tests with this soon I hope.
__________________
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CodyDulock--Facebook: http://bit.ly/ciGD2v
Creative Wedding Films: www.dulockproductions.com
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Howells View Post
Johannes, we've been offering Wedding DVD invites - free - for the past year - your client's request would be an extension of that, so in my view a great idea.
Hi Phillip. They will be making Weddding DVD invites eventually. They are going to make the DVD copies/labels etc themselves overseas (where it is cheaper). But I would like to know, how do you present the DVD for Save the Date? Do you just have a video that automatically plays or do you have an opening main menu? If menu, is there anything else other than the video that you put in the DVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kilroy View Post
Do they have a facebook or similar account where they could embed it on a page and give friends access to it?
Good idea, I'll try asking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brewer View Post
What if you were to post it to vimeo, make it private, and then embed it to a sub-page on your site? I am not sure how involved you are with your website creation, but I have done this a few times for clients. I just create a new page and hide it from my navigation, so basically the only one that could find the page is someone with a link to the page.
That's a great idea too Jeff. Let me see what I can do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Dulock View Post
Showit sites has the ability to make +Sites in addition to your website... the +Site is like a personal webpage for the bride and groom just like you described. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but we will be running tests with this soon I hope.
Showit looks great but at $39/mth it seems a bit costly
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network