Kessler Crane KC-lite at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Kessler Crane KC-lite

Does anyone here use cranes at a wedding? And does anyone here have any experience with kessler cranes? thanks!
Marc Brackhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Trustee

I've never used mine at a wedding, but I have used it at events. For the price, you won't find a better crane than Kessler. However, they're time (and space) consuming. I couldn't imagine using one during a wedding. Perhaps before the wedding if you have enough time or during a pre-wedding shoot.

Kessler has managed to get thousands of dollars from me. They're a top-notch company.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Major Player

My friend has the Pocket Jib, K-Pod, Pocket Dolly with the motor system which we use at weddings. I highly recommend Kessler Crane! All their products are extremely well constructed you wont regret buying anything from them. We don't use the Pocket Jib at all the weddings however if the venue is big enough we usually take it along. You get spectacular shots that look almost 3D in a sense. Here is a promo we shot for a photographer with Kessler products.

Attached Thumbnails
Kessler Crane KC-lite-pocket-jib.jpg  

Last edited by Nicholas de Kock; September 15th, 2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Added Photo
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks guys
Marc Brackhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Major Player

I use KC lite 8. If the place/venue allows you to use it then we use it. Even if it is an additional setup. (Man and wife crew).

I love my KC8, it is worth the investment. If you have money to pay the operator, then I suggest you hire one to do it. But, I dont overuse my crane so I dont hire one.

So, stick to KC 8, it is easy setup, about 10-15 minutes it will be inside the bag.

I used it on this wedding.

Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:24 AM   #6
Trustee

I use the KC-8 Lite too. Used to own the KC-8 but it was way too tough to setup alone. We now use the crane only when we shoot in a team of 3. 2 guys to setup, 1 to operate it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques