Switching to HTML5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Switching to HTML5

I use Vimeo Pro for my site. They give the option to use HTML5 code for embedding. Is anyone else using this on their site? I just switched mine over, but still give the option to watch in Flash for those unable to view HTML5 (IE 6 users for example). I had a bride last week that wanted to book a wedding 10 days away and she wasn't going to have access to her computer to watch the videos for 5 days. I was able to send the link to her iPhone, she watched some examples, and we were able to book and sign the contract.

http://www.clarkvideoproductions.com/videos.html
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yea, I switched all my vimeo videos to the new iframe imbedding. I love the option to have people play my videos on virtually any device.
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
I use Vimeo Pro for my site. They give the option to use HTML5 code for embedding. Is anyone else using this on their site? I just switched mine over, but still give the option to watch in Flash for those unable to view HTML5 (IE 6 users for example).
I think that you misunderstand how the new Vimeo embedding code works. You do not need to provide a separate version for IE6 users as it all works transparently. If your browser supports HTML5 (Google Chrome on PC or Mac, Safari on the iPhone/iPad/iPod/PC or Mac) then it gets sent the appropriate HTML5 code but if it does not support HTML5 (all versions of Internet Explorer) then it is sent the code to use the old Flash player. The actual video file encoded in H.264 MPEG4 is the same in both cases it's just the way that it is played that is different.

The new Vimeo embed code does work extremely well & is nicely configurable.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques