DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Phone/Sales Script (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/484770-phone-sales-script.html)

Darin Holiday September 15th, 2010 12:31 PM

Phone/Sales Script

I am looking for a successful phone/sales script. I am all over the place when clients call. Does anybody have any good tips/scripts to help me out. Thanks!!

Darin

Noel Lising September 15th, 2010 12:46 PM

Darin, when I get phone inquiries, it is my mission to get the Bride to commit to a face to face meeting. After congratulating her, I ask for the date, where the ceremony and the reception is. A small comment like " wow, the Sunny Side Pavillion? That is a beautiful place" would start her talking. Even if you have ZERO booking for that month, it always help to keep her in suspense. Let me check my calendar did you say the 19th of June? Perfect that's the only date available for me in June. For some reason, Brides are booking early/late. This would "scare her" into meeting with you as soon as possible.

During the face to face. Tell her " You know what , I have another Bride inquiring about the 19th but I told her I have to meet with you first." 90 % of the time she will book you on the spot. If not tell her you will pencil the date for her and to get back to you as soon as possible with the decision as you have another Bride wanting the date as well.

My 2 cents.

Jeff Brewer September 15th, 2010 01:15 PM

Hey Darin,

I would also like to suggest you to look at Matt Davis of Lifestage Films. His website offers a handful of helpful materials for all levels of wedding videographers. A link to his training site is Webinars, Group Coaching, & 1 on 1 Consulting for Video and you will find a sales script that he uses for your use. He has had tons of success using this format and I have began utilizing portions of it.

My main focus is to get the bride feeling good about me and my business. This is done through asking strategic questions to get them talking. Recently I asked a bride about something special at her wedding and she began telling me a 10 minute story about her dog and how he is going to be a part of her wedding and how much it meant to her. I instantly gain friend status and that puts me at a better advantage than someone who just emails a PDF of their pricing.

In addition to trying to sale your product, make sure the bride is a good fit for your business. If she is being pushy or just wants pricing or even is asking for unrealistic discounts, chances are you will not want to have her business. Sometimes its better to miss out than pull your hair out while a client has unrealistic expectations.

BTW, my grandma was born and raised in Shelby. Cool place. :)

Steve Shovlar September 15th, 2010 01:16 PM

Noel, you use the exact technique as myself. And it works nearly every time. Give the impression the date may have gone "while I just double check for you" and then make them excited by telling them its the one date that month I have free.

Sigmund Reboquio September 15th, 2010 03:22 PM

I used the script last night with a client.
It was funny coz I was more of over the place than without having one.
The script basically wants the bride to book on that same call, I wasn't able to use it properly.
I guess it also needs practice and a little memorization.

Don't you hate it, after answer the 25 email thread, calls, still you don't get booked!