DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Bride Referral Incentive (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/484881-bride-referral-incentive.html)

Jeff Brewer September 17th, 2010 12:13 PM

Bride Referral Incentive

Has anyone or does anyone offer past brides and clients an incentive for referring a friend to your business? What type of incentives do you offer? Does it work?

Chip Thome September 17th, 2010 04:18 PM

If you go this route, I would suggest it be a dinner for two gift card and not cash, something along those lines. Your bride is going to want to brag that SHE found the BEST video guy in the world. You don't want to diminish that aspect of her opinion by giving her the impression you want her to hunt up some more prospects for you. Done right and tastefully, it can work. Done otherwise, just comes off as plain ol' tacky.

Aaron Mayberry September 17th, 2010 05:33 PM

Giving a great product and chatting with them on Facebook, even after their wedding is how we get our referrals.

Chris Harding September 17th, 2010 11:11 PM

Hey Chip

That's a classy idea!! and way better than cash as it now becomes a personal thing rather than a business transaction. A Realty friend of mine that's big into referals swears by giving his clients an annual subscription to an appropriate magazine so he is remembered each and every month for a year!! It's not expensive either!!

I keep in touch with quite a few brides on facebook!! One of my brides just had her second child so it's also a nice way to stay in touch and be remembered!!

Chris

Philip Howells September 17th, 2010 11:59 PM

Sorry if I sound a little negative but what more incentive does a bride need to recommend you than the best programmes you can make?

The only nod we make in this direction is to send a first anniversary card.

Jeff Brewer September 18th, 2010 06:05 AM

Well, provided I do a good job, I feel most brides will brag without any incentives. They will want to show off their highlights clip and send it to their friends. That's why I was really debating if this is necessary or not. I think I am going to go with no, but the dinner gift card does sound cool. Maybe send them the gift card after having received a referral from them rather than dangling it as a reward ahead of time. It seems more like gratitude if given as a gift rather than a reward.

Aaron Mayberry September 18th, 2010 06:56 AM

Great idea Jeff, and don't be afraid to give something a little different.

Send them a giant bouquet of flowers that matched their wedding colors, or 50 bucks worth of dog bones if they have a dog, something unique and tailored to them that will make them think "hey, he TRULY appreciates the referral".

Kren Barnes September 18th, 2010 08:13 AM

We give a $50 movie and dinner gift card to whoever refers a client regardless if its the bride,photographer or a friend. We do not advertise this but its a simple way of saying thanks

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com