DJ Led Lights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1
New Boot

DJ Led Lights

I've been having some issues with DJ led lights and lasers. The Led lights give a very weired colour cast, not natural as the old tungesten ones. Almost a UV light effect.

Is anyone having the same problem? So far I've been able to work it out with the DJs, but who knows what may happend one day.

I'm on Sony EX1 and on a 7D.
Jose Martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Noticed the same... Recently I did a wedding in a new venue which had LED lighting all over the reception hall (not just over the dance floor, but over the tables as well). It looked super cool but made the video look as if went nuts with color correction.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #3
New Boot

At a wedding last weekend someone at the last minute decided to turn on some LED uplighting that had been left by the DJ at the event the day before. The wedding was black & white color theme but the couple will now have a lovely background in their photos and video of halloween orange and green. I think it was supposed to be amber but the color mixing in those RGB units can be awful.
Jim Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #4
New Boot

Thank you for your input!

This is really annoying, because it might mean a choice between a cool light setup for the party and a lousy video, or the other way around!

At least for me its really unusable footage!!! :(
Jose Martins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques