Extended Services... not THAT kind of service.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 31st, 2005, 11:34 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Extended Services... not THAT kind of service..

Id like to slowly move away from wedding videos.. not because i dont like, but the fact remains that an excessive amount of time is required, and $$ vs Time just isnt cutting it.
Even though it will be a major element in what we offer, I'll be also bringing back Photography (which is where i come from) but ive got my web dude to come up with some funky little online invitiations and photoalbums.

Heres a sample of an invite we did for a video client
http://www.fkportfolio.com/invite/

and heres a sample of the PhotoAlbum
http://www.fkportfolio.com/album/

obviously these are samples and not the finsihed pieces, but the idea is there so any thoughts are appreciated.

Unfortunately we cant embed video in the photoalbum, but were working on it..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Peter,

I do both wedding photography and videography. Photography is by far more lucative in my area. I can get a wedding shot in raw done in about three days vs two or three weeks for a similar priced video. No cost for film/processing. Proofing online is cheap and higher quality than local labs.

The only reason I keep video around is to pay for new equipment and increase total sales for the year. Photography is the bread and butter.

One thing I noticed in the digital album. The skin is to dark in some shots. Skin should be around 215 ish(info window/red channel) in photoshop. Colors should be in decending order aswell(RGB). Shoot raw, and brighten until highlights just start to burn, back off a bit, then open in photoshop. Use levels/mask to bring out the dark areas, then use the eraser tool to dodge detail back in the burned areas. Check skin and flatten image.

John
John DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I liked the albums Peter. What software are you using?
Old August 1st, 2005, 02:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Check the top photo on page nine in the digital album(skin alittle dark). Very cool stuff, I hope to get into flash and AE soon myself.

John
John DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:22 PM   #5
Inner Circle

yeah some of those pics are pretty bad but i just threw them all in.. some are from way back from my old still shooting days.

the software itself is an opensource flash code, however its all set up as a database (like my site) so its teeny weeny.. being images though, they can take up considerable size if your looking at a 30 page album hosting 60 high res pics.

there are other purchasable albums available, but we thought wed hack the open source to be able to twaek it to what we want..

pls excuse the tacky text.. lol

Pages 1 through to 5 are stills taken from DV, while the rest are actual stills i took in my ol school still days.. pretty lame selection but its a demo so im not too fussed
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques