DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Extra wedding copies (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/486694-extra-wedding-copies.html)

Luke Oliver October 27th, 2010 06:31 AM

Extra wedding copies

Hello all

I was just wondering how much you are all charging for additional copies of the wedding and how you present then to friends and family that want a copy. So far I offer just the printed disc with art work in a sleeve for £13. The disc in plain black case with our wedding for £18 and the luxury case for £25.

Just curious to know how everyone handles say a guest that wants 7 copies for friends and how you deliver?

Luke

Kyle Root October 27th, 2010 11:00 AM

Extra copies. Not a problem $25 Each.

We give 3 DVDs with Custom Wrappers and Labels all in full color with whatever package is purchased (except of budget package which is just black text on white with no graphics)

A few years ago we shot a wedding at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. The couple ordered 100 extra DVDs to give out to everyone that came to the wedding. That was an extreme. 7 copies seems about normal.

Lukas Siewior October 27th, 2010 06:05 PM

Hi Luke :-)

I give 3 copies of the video anyway, and extras are for $20 each. Usually couples know ahead of time how many they'll need, but some are calling back to order more after watching the video.

Philip Howells October 27th, 2010 06:58 PM

Luke, we include five DVDs in our package and in the New Year that's going to include a Blu-ray too.

We charge UKL10 for extra DVDs - half of that covers the PPL holographic sticker showing that we've paid the copyright fee, so our copies are effectively UKL5 including VAT. Each face printed DVD is in a standard case with a printed wraparound insert.

Our policy is not to regard duplicates as a profit centre and frankly five copies is normally enough.

Nor are we precious about people duplicating their own copies. Whilst we advise people that so doing is infringing our copyright and the music/church copyright, our business is making programmes, not taking people to Court.

Taky Cheung October 28th, 2010 12:24 AM

I always give out more that what's specified in the contract. Follow up with an email to tell the bride the extra copies are gift just to thank her for the business. The potential new clients from them will be much better than making a few extra bucks right now.

I do have clients ask for many copies.. then my price is $50 for 3 copies and $100 for 8 copies. Remember, the more they distribute, the more people can see your work. It's free advertising.

Scott Frick November 2nd, 2010 06:57 AM

Extra Copies

We give three copies with each package standard and if they want additional ones, we only charge $15.00 as we look at as free advertising for us. The more people who see it, the better the chance of a new job.