DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Highlight Video to share (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/48709-highlight-video-share.html)

Patrick Pike August 2nd, 2005 11:12 AM

Highlight Video to share

This was a beautiful wedding to film--we were really blessed with a great location and weather (Pebble Beack). All in all, the video turned out fairly well, although there are a few shots that don't "look good" but I think are important for the B&G. Let me know where to improve the video.

Thanks-
Patrick

Windows Media
homepage.mac.com/ppike/videos/kasey_garret_hi.wmv

Quicktime
homepage.mac.com/ppike/videos/kasey_garret_hi.mov

Patrick King August 2nd, 2005 11:27 AM

Patrick,

I think you've made a video that will be very special to the B&G, so you've accomplished the objective for this video. I wondered why you included the shot of the photographer very early in the video. The shot over the photagrapher's shoulder of the B&G was good, but the solo close-up of the photographer was a little much unless she is family/friend.

I really enjoyed the music, it was wonderful. What is the title and how did you license it, I'd like to see if the artists have other similar music available.

Great work in my view.

Don Meers August 2nd, 2005 03:44 PM

Patrick
I thought it was a really well produced piece. May I ask what use use for your slow motion as it looks superb. Also was that a locked off Xl1/2 I saw briefly?
Thankyou for sharing the clip with us.

David Chandler-Gick August 2nd, 2005 07:10 PM

Patrick-

Very nice, solid work.

Pacing works with the music. The only thing I had a preference to see was a tighter letterboxing, but that's a personal pref only.

Good job.

Patrick Pike August 2nd, 2005 09:49 PM

Thanks for the good words everybody.

Patrick-
I understand what you mean about the shot of the photographer, but I needed something to transition to the phototaking and thats the best I could do when editing-in other words, I need to remember this on my next shoot. The song is "Each Coming Night" by Iron and Wine. They mostly play mellow music of this sort.

Don-
The slo mo was all done in Final Cut Studio. I generally tried to pick "even" speeds (such as 50% or 25%) for all of my slo mo. Also with noting that I used Nattress' film effect and film rate processing to get a smoother look. As for cameras, we're shooting with all GL2's, so I hope you didn't see an XL in there...

David-
Thanks for the idea. I've actually never played with any letterboxing other than 16x9 ratio. I'll give it a try on my next video.

Mike F Smith October 15th, 2005 01:31 PM

In general you get it

Patric,

In general you have done an outstanding job. I didn't like the fast motion. It really didn't go with the music. It served no purpose. You are telling a story. In wedding videos a viewer should not notice the editing. This is not about you.

Less is More.

Mike