Capturing all that footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 11th, 2005, 09:16 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I have a Sony TRV19 that I purchased off eBay that I do all my capturing with. It has worked great.
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2005, 05:31 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
The FAT32 file size limit is 4 Gig (not 4.7 Gig - which is the size of a DVD except they really only hold about 4.37 Gig)

My 9 minutes was staying under 2 Gig (which was the file size limit of the MOV files when I started). 4 Gig is somewhere around 18 to 19 minutes. Most capture programs will automatically split at the 4 Gig point if capturing to FAT32.
Edward, is this the genesis for the annoying 2 gig VOB files that get segmented onto a NTSC DVD even when you start with a single larger video?
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

I believe all DVD files are limited to 1 Gig. Somebody with a better knowledge of DVD specs should clarify, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burns
I've looked all over Canopus' website and can't seem to find a product that allows simultaneous capturing at the same time. Anyone have a name or product # for this?

TIA..
yeah its called dvcapture
its a 3 way GUI runnign either composite or 1394 inputs, and its a speficied driver for canopus HW... u must have a canopus device for this to work... not that its using the device through capture (only as an interface) but as a "security" check.. much like a dongle..

now ive tried to get this going on prem pro with winxp on a storm 2, but i cant get that OR any of the storm effects to work in xp...

on the flipside.. a win2k system, running prem6.5 on a storm absolutely kicks... we had 1 gb ram on a p4 3.2, and we acheived the 3 cam capture no problem.. BUT... better than that, we used storm effects on 23 clips on seperate overlayed tracks (i kid you not) and we played back in realtime.. overlays composites, chromakeys, lower thirds, titles.. it was an opening sequence for a company we had built the machine for...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Ed , from memory, youre right, i think its a bandwidth management issue with the IFO structure, but dont quote me on that..

another thing however is, that any DVD which is smaller than 2gb in total, is prone to failure due to the structure of that IFO..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques