Going to Buy New HD Cameras and Switcher for Wedding Shooting Need Help - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 1st, 2010, 10:17 PM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Thome View Post
I'd get the Panasonic AF100 that is coming out shortly instead of the Sony. The Sony looks like it is going to shoot in HDV and you really want to be shooting AVCHD in everything if you are mixing on timelines. Your 5Ds are going to shoot AVCHD aren't they ???
Panasonic AF100 any one try to shoot on this ?? . i think its already out becuse i cheaked on B&H site . and its looks like we can use same DSLR lens on AF100 ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi View Post
Sunni,

For someone who just started up using DSLR cameras and with new crews.. seems like your setup will be very very complicated to operate.

Firstly, DSLR is not as easy to operate. It requires lots of training and trial/error.. you have to set the ISO, aperture, manual focus.. With DSLR you may also find yourself in a situation where you will need to change lenses to suit situations. 24-70mm f2.8 + 70-200mm f2.8L would probably be the best combination for each camera. A prime lens like 85mm f1.2L would give you excellent image but very limited use for events where a lot of movements are involved. I assume that's how it is with Indian wedding?

Secondly, 5DMkii on a jib will be very challenging as you can't autofocus. I don't know if there's a jib that can let the operator focus and zoom in/out a DSLR remotely... maybe there is, but this is something you really have to consider

Thirdly, I'm not sure how the Z7U would compare with 5D.. but I wouldn't really combine my DSLR with a HDV footages. Just for the sake of keeping the image consistency throughout. You might want to try compare the footage see if you are happy with the comparison.

Finally, I dont think you can use mixer with DSLRs.. so if you want to use DSLR, I say forget about the live mixing.

My 2 cents :)
Yes It is Hard I know thats why i m trying to find some one who know about DSLR cameras Then i went there and learn some think. Thanks For lens information Its Help To buy some Lens.

Yestday i Order Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens. I called that jib rent place yes u r right that jib have no option to control focus and zoom i have to rent separate. Thanks JOHANNER Fo this info Other wise i be stuck that day . THANKS LOT

Thanks Good idea Im going shoot some test footage then cheak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy White View Post
I went to a wedding in India once (really neat experience!) Sunni, there are two different styles of shooting. I shoot weddings, but I also direct a local tv show and am very familiar with both styles.

Style 1 (mixed live)
I'm guessing this is the style you are referring to (this is what they did at the wedding I saw in India). Basically, You're filming the wedding AND projecting it at the same time.

Style 2 (mixed in editing)
This is the style more common in the USA. Pretty much everyone here shoots this way. Basically you film everything and then edit it later on.

Both styles are drastically different and involve different shooting styles/gear. A DSLR (such as the 5D, 7D, T2i, etc) works great for style 2, but would be an awful choice for style 1 (actually, it wouldn't work at all).

HD is expensive. Especially when you start getting into switchers. Cheap HD switchers will run between 5-10k. (and that's for the cheap ones)

I guess a lot depends on what your budget is for gear...
Thanks Jeremy, Im going with style 2 and Shooting With 5d. My Budget i don't wanna go over to 25k to 30k

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more question Guys

I m going shooting with DSLR Cameras. So how many DSLR Cameras i need to Shooing Reception Party & Wedding ??
How Manny Batterys i need for One day shooting??
How manny Memory Card ( witch Memory Card is batter & Space ) ??
Sunni Bhandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:54 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni Bhandal View Post
I m going shooting with DSLR Cameras. So how many DSLR Cameras i need to Shooing Reception Party & Wedding ??
How Manny Batterys i need for One day shooting??
How manny Memory Card ( witch Memory Card is batter & Space ) ??
I usually use 3 cameras (2 from sides, 1 from down the aisle). That is usually enough.
I carry around 5 batteries per camera. I hardly used all of them, but I always keep spares and recharge the batteries along the way.. just in case.
I use Sandisk Extreme 60Mbps & Kingston 133x CF and have around 80GB per camera although we dont use all of them. But again, its best to have more than less. :)
The Sandisk Extreme have been widely recommended.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:31 PM   #18
Major Player

[QUOTE=Sunni Bhandal;1594066]Panasonic AF100 any one try to shoot on this ?? . i think its already out becuse i cheaked on B&H site . and its looks like we can use same DSLR lens on AF100 ??

The AF100 has been announced but not been released yet. You keyed on a big plus for the AF100, many of the lens for your DSLR will work on the AF100 too. To use Canon lenses, you will need a converter.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Thome View Post
The AF100 has been announced but not been released yet. You keyed on a big plus for the AF100, many of the lens for your DSLR will work on the AF100 too. To use Canon lenses, you will need a converter.
Awesome :D ... is that camera not this one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/731509-REG/Panasonic_AG_AF100_AG_AF100_Micro_Four_Thirds.html ??
I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi View Post
I usually use 3 cameras (2 from sides, 1 from down the aisle). That is usually enough.
I carry around 5 batteries per camera. I hardly used all of them, but I always keep spares and recharge the batteries along the way.. just in case.
I use Sandisk Extreme 60Mbps & Kingston 133x CF and have around 80GB per camera although we dont use all of them. But again, its best to have more than less. :)
The Sandisk Extreme have been widely recommended.
Thanks Johannes for this info. One more question

some one told me don't use Biger memory cards like 32gb he said try to use smaller 16gb Card any difrent????
Sunni Bhandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni Bhandal View Post
Awesome :D ... is that camera not this one Panasonic AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds Professional HD AG-AF100 ??
Yes that's the one but if you notice it listed such a long delivery time from now. That is because right now they don't have stock as Panasonic has not shipped. Discussion has been, after the first of the year it will ship.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques