DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Weddings You Won't Believe New Tv Show On Tlc (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/48826-weddings-you-wont-believe-new-tv-show-tlc.html)

Matthew Jay August 4th, 2005 12:27 PM

Weddings You Won't Believe New Tv Show On Tlc

I am interested in acquiring clips for a new television show titled
WEDDINGS YOU WON'T BELEIVE which will air on the TLC cable channel early next year.

Do you have any footage of wedding moments that are bizarre, funny, dramatic or dangerous? If so, would you please contact me. I would be very interested in speaking with you further. Of course, we pay a usage fee per clip.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Matthew Jay

Production Assistant,
Steve Rotfeld Productions
610 Old Lancaster Rd.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 520-0671
matt@rotfeldproductions.com

Devin Eskew August 4th, 2005 12:55 PM

The wedding I did last week, the pastor said, "Matthew you may now kill your bride." Will this count.

Ben Lynn August 4th, 2005 06:08 PM

Get a release and show us a clip of that one Devin!

Ben Lynn

Devin Eskew August 4th, 2005 07:13 PM

I have it written into the contract, should I also get a more formal release as well?

I'll post soon.

Ben Lynn August 4th, 2005 08:32 PM

Actually, if I were you I wouldn't post it on the internet. I was half joking. The reason why is because you don't know where it will end up and you want to respect the clients privacy on that. And even with a contract I would ask for a signed release for anything going up on the internet that is other than a demo clip.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing that great sound byte.

Ben Lynn

David Chandler-Gick August 5th, 2005 09:32 AM

Please don't participate in such television shows. It's a Lose Lose Lose situation except for the producers of the show.

Lose: It helps to perpetuate the "unprofessional" myths of our industry.

Lose: You're on-screen credit will be so small, so quick, so squished that it'll do nothing to promote your business.

Lose: Future clients will be turned off by the idea that their wedding could become fodder for such programs.

Tim Borek August 5th, 2005 09:45 AM

Good point, but guilty

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Chandler-Gick
Please don't participate in such television shows. It's a Lose Lose Lose situation except for the producers of the show.

Lose: It helps to perpetuate the "unprofessional" myths of our industry.

Lose: You're on-screen credit will be so small, so quick, so squished that it'll do nothing to promote your business.

Lose: Future clients will be turned off by the idea that their wedding could become fodder for such programs.

David,

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I am embarrassed to admit that I did one time send two clips to Cheri Sundae Productions (TLC's "Wild Weddings"). They never aired, but that still doesn't make it right. Thanks for pointing out the down sides to all of us. The quick buck just isnt' worth it!

T.J.