New Wedding Demo Reel and What are your fav music choices? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #1
Major Player

New Wedding Demo Reel and What are your fav music choices?

Hey guys, here is my latest wedding demo reel, thought you all might like to be inspired and provide constructive comments!

Silas's Videography Sample Video

Also, I realized after making it, that perhaps its too fast and does not draw on slow motion, and emotion like my previous demo had.........what do you think, and what kind of songs do you guys like to use for your wedding demos and trailers?

Also, do you make a master demo like mine, or do you make a trailer for each wedding you shoot and which way do you think helps potential clients decide to book or not?
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Major Player

Silas, music sounds fine to me. The editing is cool too. The only thing I noticed is the end seems rushed. The music should fade out slower perhaps using your logo at the end. Brand yourself more.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the comments,

Your right about the end, I should work on that, and I just had one of the brides who is in it, email me about it, and she likes it......I can't help but wonder if it might be cool to start it with several brides walking down, and use epic cinema music for that part. I think people will like it, but I could draw on more slow motion and emotion if I slow a piece of it down I think.........
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Trustee

We have a demonstration pack which, along with two A5 brochures, now consists of two (single layer) DVDs. Over the two we include ten "Dream" weddings (highlights programmes) simply because they are what clinch the deal.

We also cover our key USP's in an interview of me by a professional (female) Interviewer which also allows the potential clients to decide if I'm the sort of person they want around them all day, and major sections from a complete wedding.

The second disk also has four chaptered sections which sallow the potential clients to judge our creativity in handling the Introductions, the vows, the reportage (demonstrating that video does it better than the photographer) and entertainment. The last includes, two bands, singing waiters, balloon benders, table magicians, outdoor barbecues, Chinese lanterns, roulette tables and an improvised Irish guitar duo.

The overall objective of these last sections is designed to demonstrate our ability to make similar events look different without being bizarre, to sell video up against stills and to demonstrate the range of additional tasks we've experience at covering.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques