New trend in DC area wedding market - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 11th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Hey Bruce,

I learned my lesson a long time ago, I no longer really do 'free' work, ok maybe a little, but 400cds?!. I'd charge him, probably too late now. But if you are stuck with it, atleast put your credits on the front of the disk, i.e. website, company name etc. IMO.
Well, this was for one of the truly good guys in this world. A co-worker that no one could ever be able to say a bad word about. He pushed it some, but I didn't have a problem doing it for free. Consider it my wedding gift to him and his bride.
Bruce Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick King
I just flew home from attending a wedding in the DC area. The B&G set out a CD on each place setting for the dinner following the ceremony. The B&G claim that this wedding day CD is all the rage with weddings now in that area.

Here's the twist: the CD is a compilation of the couple's favorite songs with a photo of them on the jacket cover and the jacket liner containing the song titles and the couple's thoughts on why they included that song on 'their special CD'.

I couldn't believe it! I'm lifelong friends with the parents of the bride so I didn't say anything (actually, the swift kick in the shin from my wife when I whispered to her that the CD idea was illegit probably swayed me not to say anything).

Has anyone else seen this happening in your area?
All the time.
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #18
Regular Crew

My sister and her husband made the cds themselfs, buring them one at a time on home computers, for their wedding nothing fancy just a cd with a basic label and they left them in a basket for so only the people that wanted them took them.
Joshua Reafsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:00 PM   #19
Regular Crew

it really isnt a new thing at all.

you guys act like burning CDs is a new thing.

Itunes=$.99/song 10 songs=$10
CD burner=$25
CD printer=$99 (epson photo r200)
inkjet CD=$.25/disk (give or take) 200guests=$50

grand total
$184

not a whole lot of money compaired to what they payed you or the photographer...right?
Andrew Cleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:32 PM   #20
Wrangler

Sure, it's cheap as long as you don't mind providing illegal copies of music to a large group of people....
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:17 AM   #21
Regular Crew

the thought of it being illegal is the last thing on the mind of the average person.

I have yet to hear of the FBI breaking up a wedding due to illegal music distribution.

I'm sure most of the people on this board have used a song in a video at some point that they didnt have the rights to.
Andrew Cleary is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques