iPad video portfolio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

iPad video portfolio

do you use an apple ipad to show your work to potential clients? if yes, what app(s) are you using? thanks
Erwin Layaoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Just the standard apps: Videos & Photos. For the photos, you have to go through iTunes as everything else.

When I'm around wifi, I'll pull up my website for them to watch the videos on. Vimeo plays great with their html5 videos.
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Major Player

I use regular Video as well, but like Adam, I use vimeo most of the time anyhow. I have the 3G version and it works great for that.
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Major Player

What encoding settings are best for iPad/iPhone ? I've got a client who wants to have an iPad copy but don't have an iPad (yet) to test playback on....
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

John,

I just copy the video over to itunes, and then use itunes to convert it for apple tv. I'm more than happy with the quality, but I'm sure there is a better and more technical way using compressor or media encoder.
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #6
Major Player

A bit off-topic - but I just finished a shoot where we used an i-Pad as a teleprompter, using the ProPrompter app. It was absolutely perfect, even without hardware - we just had someone hold the i-Pad right under the lens and we were far enough from them that it looked seamless, just like they were looking right at us.

You can also get hardware to support it, plus the beam-splitting glass, etc. just like a regular teleprompter - but we just used the i-Pad by itself and it worked very well. Just a note to anyone considering an i-Pad - this is one of the better reasons to get one!!
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Major Player

Hi Bill - yeah - I just bought this on special for US$199

LCD4Video | iPad Teleprompter Kit - LCD4Video

I don't even have a iPad yet - waiting a couple of months more for the v2 which is in the works - hopefully it fits the prompter!
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #8
New Boot

I use the iPad at wedding shows. I've got a half dozen or so highlight clips loaded and when my booth is busy and I think someone might walk away before getting the 'pitch' I hand them the ipad and let them look at the videos on the ipad instead of my wide screen monitor. I also do the same thing on my iphone. They stay put and its amazing how often it turns into a sale.

I also have the vWave-Lite ipad app that lets me control Apple Color with a 3 trackball system from my ipad (a virtual duplicate to the Tangent Wave controller). Very cool!
Steven Pustay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques