DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Seminars (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/49064-wedding-seminars.html)

Terry Lyons August 9th, 2005 11:54 AM

Wedding Seminars

Hi all, I am interested in attending a seminar on work flow for wedding or event videographers. The projects I currently am working on I know I could finish faster if I had a grasp on the correct way to manage our material begining to end. We live about 3 hours north of Los Angeles. I have looked at Adobe's web site but couldnt find anything, any thoughts of where to look for seminars or conventions?

Gl-2, PC with Adobe video collection pro.

Edward Troxel August 9th, 2005 11:58 AM

You're missing a big one happening RIGHT NOW in Las Vegas. Do a search for WEVA for more information.

There's a new one coming up in January in Orlando FL sponsored by the 4Ever Group.

Terry Lyons August 9th, 2005 12:20 PM

Ed that looked awesom! I wish I could have attended. Are those type events far and few between?

Edward Troxel August 9th, 2005 12:35 PM

The WEVA convention is annual. The 4Ever Group one is slated to be annual. The one this winter is their first one. There's been a few other attempts that have not panned out at this point.

Chris Davis August 9th, 2005 01:40 PM

Anything like that ever happen in Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, etc? I'd be much more likely to go if it was within driving distance.

Edward Troxel August 9th, 2005 01:50 PM

I think WEVA has a "road show" that occasionally stops in Chicago. Not sure exactly what it consists of, though. 4Ever Group may be starting some similar things. Check out both of their websites.

Bruce Linden August 9th, 2005 02:51 PM

Video Summits

Check out the 4EVER group's Video Summits being held prior to the convention. They are at various locations around the country. I attended the one in Orlando recently and found it to be very worthwhile. There are others in Dallas, New York and I forget where else.

http://www.4evergroup.org/

Chris Davis August 10th, 2005 07:32 AM

Thanks. 4Ever is supposed to be in Chicago sometime this fall.

Steve Wernick August 11th, 2005 08:02 PM

Seminars

My thanks to those of you who have mentioned The 4EVER Group. We are in the middle of a series of Video Summits, which are one-day educational events. The next two are in New York City (8/16) and Dallas (8/30). Complete details are available on our web site, www.4EVERGroup.org.

After Labor Day, we will begin a series of programs in conjunction with local videographers associations all across North America. If you're not already a member of a local group, please visit our web site for a listing of local associations. Most hold regular meetings, and they usually have great programs and networking opportunities.

Our inaugural convention will be January 9-12, 2006 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, FL. Registration information will be available shortly.

Steve Wernick
The 4EVER Group
SteveW@4EVERGroup.org

Michael Liebergot August 13th, 2005 06:58 AM

"Our inaugural convention will be January 9-12, 2006 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, FL. Registration information will be available shortly.
"

Steve, I can't wait. Me and the wife are lookimng forward to and attending the seminar in January.
Once the info is posted we'll defnintely be signing up.
BTW, unfortunately it was too late for me to make arrangements to attend the NY Summit on the 16th (I just came back from vacation).
I am in the DC/Baltimore (Luisa's neck of the woods) area, any plans to move the roadshow in this area in the future?

Thanks,
Michael Liebergot
LVProductions

Glen Elliott August 13th, 2005 10:52 AM

cVp

Terry, I actually just got back from the Weva Expo in Las Vegas. While I was there one of the training materials I purchased was "Efficiency: The missing link" from JT Fanning and crew (Creative Video Productions). It specifically covers the issues you mentioned- things I, personally, have the most difficulty with.

The website is at: www.CVPinspiration.com
There are many other training materials from this crew. I'm looking to get them in on the wedding training material thread I'm working on. I'm compiling websites and training materials and listing them on one locked thread to serve as a resource for DVinfo members seeking wedding/event related training. There is so much out there that MANY aren't even aware of.

Terry Lyons August 16th, 2005 10:02 AM

Thanks Guys for the help, and Glenn is that thread comming soon? I sure wish I knew about the Weva Expo. Sounds like I really missed something. TAG

Glen Elliott August 16th, 2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Lyons
Thanks Guys for the help, and Glenn is that thread comming soon? I sure wish I knew about the Weva Expo. Sounds like I really missed something. TAG

Terry, I hope to have some of the first listings finished and posted this week. Stay tuned.

Edward Troxel August 16th, 2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Lyons
I sure wish I knew about the Weva Expo. Sounds like I really missed something.

Just wish you would have asked a week or two earlier. Would have still been tight but, at least, possible to attend. Wish I could have gone as well - especially the Tuesday night get-together!

Chris Hurd August 16th, 2005 12:52 PM

Same here, Ed -- I just barely missed it, in fact I was still contemplating the airfare purchase right up to the last minute Tuesday afternoon. Oh well, next year!