Who among us offers this? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Well, i suppose ultimately it come from the marketing budget. We have just started to offer it again as we got the business model a bit skewed before. As part of the marketing budget it makes sense, as Buba says it does really drive traffic to your site and more plays on your Vimeo videos.
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #17
Major Player

Thanks Buba and Sophie for your input. To be honest for me doing something like that is Rocket Science, so unless I find a free website where in I just embed the video, I would have to pay someone to do it for me.
Old February 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #18
Regular Crew

If HTML is a nightmare then you could try a free blog site, that is pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it. Or a free forum site like forum motion (something like that) then clients can leave messages which keeps google interested. Which is always a good thing.
But anyway good luck Noel
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #19
Major Player

The last few weddings I've done, the bride or groom just put the short I made for them on their Facebook page. None of them have had any trouble doing it. Of course, they are educated people. The same short I use for Vimeo and YouTube also works for them on Facebook. I didn't have to tell them how to do it. They already knew how. I haven't done a wedding for a couple lately who weren't at least somewhat tech-savvy, or who lacked tech-savvy friends.

Once they've paid for my time to produce the short, it's theirs.
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #20
Major Player

Roger, I actually about a year ago created a facebook page for my video stuff. After the B&G have reviewed the short, I'll post a link to my website from facebook, and tag the B&G in the post. This way it appears on both of their pages, and is a great networking tool to direct prospects to my website. I do provide them with a disc of the HD mp4 files, but they are in 1080p, which doesn't work as well with facebook (choppy playback at least right now...maybe not in a year). I've actually not had a couple re-post their 1080p version after I post the link to the 720p version on my website (vimeo embedded). That's just one way to slice it, I guess...
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #21
Major Player

Michael,

I've thought a little about using Facebook for my videos too. But my Facebook account is a big mess. Friends of mine with legions of friends, and tons of posts just flooding in. And 99.9% of it just meaningless fluff. It's like spam only worse. I don't see how I could really accomplish anything with Facebook.

Of course, I don't text with my phone either.

I really think I should learn to play golf. Other business people I know tell me about the deals they've made playing golf. And some guys I know have made deals fishing and hunting too.
Old February 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Hi Roger

You can actually create a unique page on Facebook that's away from your social account page and all your friends and meaningless spam doesn't go anywhere near it!! People can become "fans" of your page but not "friends" ...it more like a business thing rather than the social side!!!

I have had one for a year but don't get that many people visiting..then again just one bride who clicks on my website link on the page and books her wedding with me makes it worthwhile keeping the page up.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Re: Who among us offers this?

This this an example of what we do Wedding Lanesborough Hotel for each wedding client. It is actually pretty simple and adds value to the overall product, because it is so convenient for the client to have all that content online.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques