Those in UK who will be at BVE on Wednesday .... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 20th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Partington View Post
We are starting to get asked for Blu-ray a little more now so delivering in 1080p is becoming a big deal and I'm not willing to ship fuzzy footage and charge for HD.
Blu Ray was developed as an Interlaced format. Not sure why you want to deliver in 1080p? Not unless you are moving into the digital-mastering-for-movies industry (30-40mb/s). There is often much discussion about the benefits of one over the other but I'll leave it to other people to support their preferences.

I deliver Blu Ray at 24mb/s (27mb/s combined) via Sony Z5 and Sony NX5 encoded to MPEG-2 at a max setting of 30mb/s, although H.264 will give some effeciency in the delievery viz file size to running time. The results are excellent. I wouldn't describe the Blu Ray results produced at about 24-30mb/s as "fuzzy" far from it. But I'm not privy to your workflow or encoding.

If at all moving to XDCAM (or other 35mb/s cameras and 4:2:2) would provide a marginal improvement, but little in the way of a cost-benefit for clients able to see the difference.

I still like the look of the EX3 but think I'll hold off looking at the 305 again (I wasn't convinced) until after NAB 2011 as manufacturers have a habit of sneeking in something for NAB.

:)
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #17
New Boot

BVE Video Blog

This is our video blog of the BVE at Earls Court, its a little tongue in cheek at places, appologies in advance!! Richard and Myself had a fun time making it so hope you enjoy!

Best
Pete
Pete James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Pete, thanks a lot for that. My wife who couldn't attend appreciated having a look at the show that I was raving about to her:-)

BTW She would like to know what microphone you were using as it's very good at capturing your voice while excluding background noise (unless you went into the studio & did overdubs :-)

Last edited by Nigel Barker; February 21st, 2011 at 02:13 AM.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Buckley View Post
I deliver Blu Ray at 24mb/s (27mb/s combined) via Sony Z5 and Sony NX5 encoded to MPEG-2 at a max setting of 30mb/s, although H.264 will give some effeciency in the delievery viz file size to running time. The results are excellent. I wouldn't describe the Blu Ray results produced at about 24-30mb/s as "fuzzy" far from it.
Not sure if there has been some miss communication here. I wasn't saying Blu-ray was fuzzy. I was saying I wasn't willing to ship footage from my older cameras on Blu-ray, because the footage from them was not up to the task. That's why everything is being / has been replaced.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques