Recommended slider shots? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Recommended slider shots?

We use our Glidetrack a lot and will be upgrading to the Hybrid version soon. It goes on every shoot and gets used at every shoot but we only show a small ammount of footage. Which is how it should be. Same for the Steadicam.

You want the shots to be that little kick of something special but as with all these tools they each have their place and reason for use.

We use the Steadicam for walking shots. Unless your shooting the latest Jason Bourne movie I find it odd to attempt walking shots without one. We dont use the Steadicam for slider shots because... a slider is better. I would say in our 20 minute main features we have about 2 minutes total of slider shots. But is it worth it... hell yes.
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: camera slider position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
imo you wouldn't use the slider for the wedding cake, the rig would be too intrusive.

You'd have to set it up somewhere so it doesn't upset the brides mother.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Yoder View Post
I have been playing around with my slider, but how or where do you set them up? Like lets say you wanna shoot the cake or something. How close do you suggest? I am new to using a camera slider but I like how they can add to your video.
Assuming you don't mean when the B&G are actually cutting the cake, you can use a slider on 2 chairs.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
imo you wouldn't use the slider for the wedding cake, the rig would be too intrusive.

You'd have to set it up somewhere so it doesn't upset the brides mother.

Cheers.

I use it to get sliding shots of the cake all the time, I even did it when they were cutting the cake. I put the slider onto a tripod and it works great. I can get shots anywhere from the ground up to about 5 ft.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Kelly, and I bet you've got a much nicer smile than me :)

I've got an IndisliderPRO 24" my trouble is I can't leave anything alone .. I'm modifying it with adjustable feet to work on uneven ground.

Also found, the real effect/result/impression you get, is when you play your shot back, not when you're sliding the thing.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques