Why I do this...in their words at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Why I do this...in their words

So I delivered this film to a bride who initially wanted only ceremony and reception so family in Wales could see the wedding. I was able to talk her into getting a little more, and this is the highlight film that resulted. What she wrote after seeing the film, is the kind of commentary that makes this an awesome job. Here is what she said:

"Jeff and I cannot stop watching our DVD! Mark did such an amazing job and captured moments that I missed but can now watch forever. We originally decided to have a DVD of our wedding made so that my family from overseas could share in our special day but Mark helped to make it so much more than that! The professional quality of the video and the special memories that were recorded will remind us for years of what a great wedding day we had. How is it possible that I didn’t cry at my wedding but managed to do so during the video?!?! Thanks again, Mark for doing such an amazing job and being such a creative person to work with – you have true talent! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Jeff & Megan Hicks

12.11.10 "

I share this not to gloat, but to give a boost to any of you out there who, like me, sometimes get mired in the how instead of the why. Hope it helps.

Old February 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Why I do this...in their words

Hi Mark,

They should be happy. You did a nice job for them! That's what it's all about.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Last bit made me laughing..)) Nice video! You made it simple to watch!

Wedding Videos London | Wedding Videos Essex | Wedding Videos Surrey from YouMyWorld Productions
Edgar Vasiluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Regular Crew

it looks pretty fun!

also, what lens were you using?
at the beginning it looks WAY wide, an then, slightly wider.

awesome job, though....
Alejandro Vargas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques