Bride wants 2 highlight videos. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #1
New Boot

Bride wants 2 highlight videos.

Hey everyone, i'm pretty much out of the womb... baby fresh when it comes to the wedding industry for videography. My whole about me is in the Meet Me section.. Anyways!!

Had a bride call me up today.. she says she doesnt really care about the whole rewatching the wedding.. She just really loves the highlight videos set to music. I set up a consultation with her for the end of march, i wish i could have done it sooner (scheduling conflicts).

My main question is so mentioned though that she probably wants 2 highlight videos. So an add-on. Just wondering how you would approach this.. Would you just use all your footage and just make two videos, maybe a pre-ceremony video and then a ceremony/reception... i'm not sure what i should do so i'm looking for opinions or if you ran into this situation and what you did.

Thanks everyone!
-Andrew
Andrew Klokow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Bride wants 2 highlight videos.

I offer two styles of highlight films. One is a faster paced edit with some natural audio and the other is all done in slow motion set only to music. Although the shots are pretty close to the same in both films, the pacing makes for different viewing experiences. Also, after editing the more complex version, the second edit takes much less time to finish. Perhaps you'll get an idea from these.

Custom Edit
Custom Edit - Galleries

Cinematic Edit
Cinematic Edit - Galleries

Alec Moreno
Wedding Art Films - Southern California - Los Angeles - Orange County - Video
Alec Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Trustee

Well, the simple answer is to ask her what she wants in the 2 videos!

Of course, brides are not always 100% certain themselves and often require alot of guidance in terms of what is realistic or practical.

I'd be leaning towards somthing similar to Alec's suggestion: One which is all the about the visuals; composition, movements, rack focus shots, colour, and a few tasteful effects. The other should be all about the narrative; chronological order, snippets of the vows & speeches, main events and moments, main characters, etc.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 02:14 AM   #4
Trustee

Just guide her on one 10 min full edit as you say she only? probably wants two edits? Do all your music, prep, arrivals mixed with best bits of the ceremony and speeches bring in early at the start. Put three x 4 minute of her songs on the timeline and cut the footage to the music.. done. but cover yourself she is a bridezilla
www.capture-ur-moments.com for some ideas. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:58 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the reply everyone! I think im gonna first, ask what the bride wants of course. I'm pretty much assuming she is gonna go.. "i just like the music video highlight videos" So.. i'll step in and suggest the one that more cinematic (music only) and then one that is more.. about the day (audio snipets, speeches and such). I'm gonna cover my butt as well and make sure i plan to do a normal coverage of everything as well.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

-Andrew
Andrew Klokow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques