Email wait game.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1
New Boot

Email wait game..

So a bride emails you with interest in hiring you.. you respond back.. she 3-5 days go by.. do you send her another email or chalk it up as someone fishing/lost cause.. How do you deal with the email wait game!?
Andrew Klokow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Email wait game..

Hi Andrew

I'm on a few Bridal Wedding Directories which have a "response" form on them. These responses I get are probably also sent to every videographer on the site as well so for me it's just a "general enquiry" More often than not you will find if she hasn't emailed/phoned after 5 days she's not that keen to book.

As long as you have given her plenty of details and contact details then if she wants you there is no real reason why she shouldn't respond quickly. I guess you could send a booster email back to her but I find normally if they are genuine, they will get back to you pretty quickly!!

If she doesn't reply to a 2nd mail or call then move on and book someone who is genuinely interested in booking you!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Major Player

When we reply back, we will sometimes say "If we don't hear back from you, we will call you in a week to check up and see if you had anymore questions, as we know planning a wedding can be pretty hectic".
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Klokow View Post
So a bride emails you with interest in hiring you.. you respond back.. she 3-5 days go by.. do you send her another email or chalk it up as someone fishing/lost cause.. How do you deal with the email wait game!?
It is akward because you dont want to look as if your begging... I visi,t leave it with them or they book right there and then, they usually call within 3/4 days, if not i ring and say im just following up our visit. sometimes they forget or are busy and maybe lazy, if after the follow up and they dont respond, we are either to expensive, they dont like the look of you!!! they do not like your work!!! steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #5
Major Player

Let them know you've received another inquiry for their date. (chances are you will anyway). If they are interested, you'll hear back from them asap.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques