DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Good place to get dvd's/bluray's in bulk (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/493771-good-place-get-dvds-blurays-bulk.html)

Greg Fiske March 29th, 2011 11:57 AM

Good place to get dvd's/bluray's in bulk

Just wondering where everyone buys their media. The place I usually use doesn't seem to be any more competitive than micro center down the street.

Wayne Faulkner March 30th, 2011 02:21 AM

Re: Good place to get dvd's/bluray's in bulk

Depends how many you get through over a fixed period of time and your storage space, generally I buy in batches of 25 or 50 discs from online sources.

Probably a good idea to stock up now, since all the damage in Japan will no doubt cause a price rise.

Edgar Vasiluk March 30th, 2011 02:28 AM

Look at Amazon, they have good discounts and I like reviews.

Wedding Videos London | Wedding Videos Essex | Wedding Videos Surrey from YouMyWorld Productions

D.J. Ammons March 30th, 2011 09:43 PM

I buy my DVD tapes always online. My local Sams club has the best price on bulk printable regular DVD's so that is the only media I buy locally.

For Blu-ray's I search Amazon then either use google or pricegrabber or nextag to search for the best deals. I recently bought online two different brands of printable Blu-ray media in 30 qty for about one dollar each.

George Kilroy March 31st, 2011 02:03 AM

I'd be wary of buying the cheapest bulk from an untested source which may appear to be good value now.

When I first started to produce DVDs I sourced the lowest price 'A' grade discs and never had a fail, however now some six or seven years later I am getting a number of those returned to me. They have played without problem until recently but have suddenly become unplayable. None of them are physically damaged and as far as I am aware they have been stored in their case. I believe that they dye is starting to deteriorate. A saving of a few £s or $s may seem favourable at the time but although you can't be 100% certain of the longevity of any media is a small saving worth the potential 'timebomb' of it becoming unusable later on.

D.J. Ammons March 31st, 2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons (Post 1633519)
I buy my DVD tapes always online. My local Sams club has the best price on bulk printable regular DVD's so that is the only media I buy locally.

For Blu-ray's I search Amazon then either use google or pricegrabber or nextag to search for the best deals. I recently bought online two different brands of printable Blu-ray media in 30 qty for about one dollar each.

I just saw I had a goofy typo in my post I am quoting above. I meant to say "I buy my DV tapes always online". I use the basic Sony mini DV tapes and Amazon almost always has incredible prices on them from several of their vendors and I have never had a problem.

I also have never had a problem with the printable DVD media I buy at Sams club in 100 qty. bulk.