Good place to get dvd's/bluray's in bulk at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Good place to get dvd's/bluray's in bulk

Just wondering where everyone buys their media. The place I usually use doesn't seem to be any more competitive than micro center down the street.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Good place to get dvd's/bluray's in bulk

Depends how many you get through over a fixed period of time and your storage space, generally I buy in batches of 25 or 50 discs from online sources.

Probably a good idea to stock up now, since all the damage in Japan will no doubt cause a price rise.
Wayne Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Look at Amazon, they have good discounts and I like reviews.

Wedding Videos London | Wedding Videos Essex | Wedding Videos Surrey from YouMyWorld Productions
Edgar Vasiluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Major Player

I buy my DVD tapes always online. My local Sams club has the best price on bulk printable regular DVD's so that is the only media I buy locally.

For Blu-ray's I search Amazon then either use google or pricegrabber or nextag to search for the best deals. I recently bought online two different brands of printable Blu-ray media in 30 qty for about one dollar each.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:03 AM   #5
Major Player

I'd be wary of buying the cheapest bulk from an untested source which may appear to be good value now.

When I first started to produce DVDs I sourced the lowest price 'A' grade discs and never had a fail, however now some six or seven years later I am getting a number of those returned to me. They have played without problem until recently but have suddenly become unplayable. None of them are physically damaged and as far as I am aware they have been stored in their case. I believe that they dye is starting to deteriorate. A saving of a few £s or $s may seem favourable at the time but although you can't be 100% certain of the longevity of any media is a small saving worth the potential 'timebomb' of it becoming unusable later on.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:06 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons View Post
I buy my DVD tapes always online. My local Sams club has the best price on bulk printable regular DVD's so that is the only media I buy locally.

For Blu-ray's I search Amazon then either use google or pricegrabber or nextag to search for the best deals. I recently bought online two different brands of printable Blu-ray media in 30 qty for about one dollar each.
I just saw I had a goofy typo in my post I am quoting above. I meant to say "I buy my DV tapes always online". I use the basic Sony mini DV tapes and Amazon almost always has incredible prices on them from several of their vendors and I have never had a problem.

I also have never had a problem with the printable DVD media I buy at Sams club in 100 qty. bulk.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques